YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I learnt to dive August this year and have done 25 dives since, 24 in the UK and my first dive before I was qualified in Barbados a couple of years previous!
I dive most weeks even in very poor visibility as I'm addicted .
I'm going to the red Sea on a diving holiday end of January in sharm and I'm really looking forward to some decent vis if it's anywhere near as good as Barbados I will be really pleased  

I'm Padi trained and belong to a BSAC club with a rib in Torquay and hard boat in Plymouth, favourite wreck "James Egan Lane" , although I haven't done many wrecks as yet!
Hoping to do plenty in the red Sea, very excited about doing the Thistlegorm !
laters/steve  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (torbaydiver @ Dec. 30 2003,18:26)]
I belong to a BSAC club with a rib in Torquay and hard boat in Plymouth,
That'll be 'Dunribbin' then.  I'm surprised nobody else has been here to welcome you aboard, perhaps they're all jealous because we've got the best diving down here

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in Steve mate,

You'll find friends and dive buddies here (if ya want/need them) aplenty, so sign up and get in amongst the Planned Trips!

Dive safe.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome aboard Steve mate,

Nice to see your not shy about what diving you've done. Looks like you'll be racking them up to a hundred before you know it. Sounds like a great club too. I'm sure not many clubs can boast hard boats? As Bren said get in amongst the posts and join in the dive trips and outings. There is a lot to be learned from this forum with more experience than you could shake a stick at. I have learn't loads since I joined and when they say no question is too silly they mean it. Look forward to reading your posts and perhaps meeting up on a trip.

Enjoy the Red Sea, I'm not jealous in the least  ..  

Happy surfing,

Dave C

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DougParker @ Dec. 30 2003,18:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (torbaydiver @ Dec. 30 2003,18:26)]
I belong to a BSAC club with a rib in Torquay and hard boat in Plymouth,
That'll be 'Dunribbin' then.  I'm surprised nobody else has been here to welcome you aboard, perhaps they're all jealous because we've got the best diving down here
Another 'local yokel' then. Welcome Steve.

Didn't know Wellington & Taunton kept a rib too though, I thought 'Dunribbin' was seriously named.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>ere dive divre dive its good for the sole

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome guys !
Hoping to meet up with some of you soon!
Happy new year's diving  

Steve

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DougParker @ Dec. 30 2003,18:51)]perhaps they're all jealous because we've got the best diving down here
Aye very good Mr P. When you think about it, you know that isn't really true!

Welcome to the boards Steve.
Peter

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

How's it hanging Steevie boy?

You must be as mad as the rest of us to do 24 dives since August, going to do the same in the next 4 months??

James

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Jan. 01 2004,22:18)]How's it hanging Steevie boy?

You must be as mad as the rest of us to do 24 dives since August, going to do the same in the next 4 months??

James
hi James
Oh yes I'm definitely mad  

hopefully I should be doing more in the next four months but that's mainly because of my diving holiday in the red Sea end of January!
Although the Seas starting to get a bit chilly now  but that won't stop me currently 11 degrees drops to 8 degrees on the south coast January February time (I don't think there is any more room for extra cloths under my drysuit)

Steve

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Yeeeeeeessssssssss, another Southerner joins the gang.

We're defo taking over.

Welcome Steve to the crazy world of YD.

NO Padi - crow bar brigade bashing, just general North South, England Scotland lighthearted piss taking and diving.

l've got to try to get to the west country this year, haven't been past Swanage for about three years now

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

Hi Torbay Diver!
Are you in Torbay Branch then?

Welcome to the world of Devon Divin'

Odin My Beer Badly...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odin @ Jan. 02 2004,20:15)]Hi Torbay Diver!
Are you in Torbay Branch then?

Welcome to the world of Devon Divin'

Odin My Beer Badly...
yep I sure I am  

thanks for the welcome everyone  

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Jan. 02 2004,00:44)]Yeeeeeeessssssssss, another Southerner joins the gang.

We're defo taking over.

Welcome Steve to the crazy world of YD.

NO Padi - crow bar brigade bashing, just general North South, England Scotland lighthearted piss taking and diving.

l've got to try to get to the west country this year, haven't been past Swanage for about three years now
Yes howard but that is because scotland is such a verry small place and it is  hidden away so well in the cold north.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts