YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi
I'm from cider country and am looking for some new buddies.  Recently left a club 'cause got sick of the politics

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kelpy

And welcome to YD.

There are a few of us from the South West, I'm in Exeter myself. There are a couple around Plymouth and DaveM recently joined , and he's from Somerset too.

You may be interested in a group dive out of Plymouth at the end of August, a chance to meet a few people. Details here..

There is lots to learn here, and a lot of fun.

Adrian

·
Registered
301 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>welcome aboard. we are very friendly here and no politics allowed so you might feel at home. we just like going diving and it makes us grin insanely (or perhaps that's just me...?)
jules

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the boards Kelpy,  What part of the Southwest?,  there are a few from the Bristol area and we tend to get down the South Coast a fair bit.

Daz

Jules,  You have to do something about the logon  

If Bethi has commandeered the automatic logon, just click on the Log Out next to Control Panel at the top and logon as yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

WOW - what a welcome - thankyou.  I like many of you am obsessed with diving - bit odd really when it took me ages to get through training.  
Am in Bristol and at present am doing a crossover from being a BSAC instructor to a PADI one - bloody hard work.  Am tied up doing this thing till late Sept but then will be raring to go - I mean of getting back to diving every weekend.
So do you have anyone in the area who organises dives etc?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bethi @ Aug. 01 2003,19:21)]welcome aboard. we are very friendly here and no politics allowed so you might feel at home. we just like going diving and it makes us grin insanely (or perhaps that's just me...?)
jules
<font color='#8D38C9'>mum, gerroff me account.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kelpy,

Bristol as well and working much of the time with an Instructor who is well known for his love of zider...  Most of what has been termed the Bristol massive (coined by Bren
) are PADI divers but we would welcome any divers from any agencies.  The PADI bias is purely down to circumstances as we kind of all got together through meeting at a LDS.

With regard to organising dives,  well kind of,  it is a fairly relaxed kind of organising that normally consists of a plan to dive somewhere and spread the word.  A few things in the offing at the moment.

Porthkerris - August bank holiday, camping (site available on request).  currently upto 6 people but I think more will be tagging on.  Mainly shore diving but we will try and get possibly a RIB or hardboat day in.

Porthkerris - October (Yep we have had some great dives down there) a long weekend staying in static vans somewhere on the lizard.

Other than that just informal day trips to the Southcoast, mainly Brixham, Babbacombe, meadfoot etc.

And the occasional YD get together (Anglesey was the last one).

Quite a range experience in the crew, from Instructors, AI (In Progress), DM's, Rescue, right to newly qualified OW students.   As I work with an independant instructor much of our pleasure diving tends to involve getting newly qualified OW students in the water actually diving.

Drop me a PM offline and I will give you more info,  who knows maybe we have met without realising it.  Any dive shops you frequent around the Bristol area ?

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Kelpy,

You are indeed welcome to YD - please get in amongst it. Don't worry about which agency or school you're from, we don't care as long as you're a safe diver and can take care of yourself under water. Please see the 'Planned Trips' and/or 'Need a Buddy' sections for an idea of where we're doing it and when, and then get yourself along and join us!

As Daz says, we've got the 'Bristol Massive' all the way through to Gawd Knows and all points in between, so come join the band!

See ya in the Oggin.

Cheers,

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi, I am in Bristol too. I am a recent new member to YD and my first trip will be to JEL in Plymouth. I dive with a BSAC club but am PADI trained and dive with a group of buds who are PADI too. im a BSAC member because I get to do boat dives cheaper, I dont care who trained you as long as you dive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts