YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello to all, Just to introduce Myself, my name is Mike aka minnime, I am at the Advanced open water level and are just getting back in to the sport after a long spell on dry land, I passed the Advanced course back in "96 but due to work commitments I have only logged 22 dives since then so I am still a little inexperienced even after 8 years but that will soon change as I now have a new job that leaves sundays free, Yeah
so it's time to go bimbling again.
Mike

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

welcome aboard
Tell us a bit about yourself , either on here or on your profile and i am sure you will find some people to dive with.
come on in the water's lovely (and cold!)

jules

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

Hi there Mikeakaminnime. ( That's one hell of a name you have there.  
)

Feel free to join in with whatever you want to say.

ps:where ya from, not another "shandy drinker" are ya?  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mike,

Well if you want to get back into diving,  this is the right place to visit.

Throw a message into the find a buddy and I'm sure someone will be more than happy to hook up with you.  As you have probably discovered YD is very cosmopolitan, divers from all agency at all levels of experience.

Get stuck in.

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Mike,

Go large and get in amongst it! Welcome to YD!

As has been stated, see Planned Trips and Need a Buddy and get your aris on YD Troop Gig soon! We will buddy you and we will ease you back into diving if tha's what you want/need. Enjoy mate and see ya soon!

Cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ps:where ya from, not another "shandy drinker" are ya?

Cheers Martyn for that, No mate I'm not, JD is my preferred tipple in moderation

Further to expand on what i have already said I am 45 young, from Leeds (please no puns about the team as I don't follow footy anyway) and have spent several years in Retail Management, which is why i have not been able to follow my hobbies in full which includes Motorbikes (I currently own an Honda Hornet 600, (bit of a bugger to get your tanks strapped on though
) and are actively involved in a form of Paintballing called Airsoft (check out the homepage www.teamace.co.uk which I helped develop) I have been persuading my old buddy to start up again, (which did'nt take much persuasion), so hopefully you will be speaking to him soon, We will both be looking for active groups in the surrounding areas to dive with as well as further afield.
Thats it really apart from thanks guys for the warm reception and hope to speak to you all soon.
Mike  

PS I will post a pic of My ugly mug asap

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mike an welcome
guess if you're aka Minnime then we'd make good dive buddies as I'm aka Dr Evil

No doubt Mattbin, another bike fanatic, will be along to say hello soon, actually there's a fair few bikers/ex-bikers on the boards (sigh.. I miss my FZR  
)

Chee-az
Steve/Stevil/Dr Evil

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place

Conor

(Another scubabiker Duc ST2)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Evening and welcome to our forum!  Nice to have another one.  How many have we got now Heads?  Dive safely.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Minnime

Nice to have you on board, best way to get back into it is doing what you'r doing, getting in touch with like minded people and go diving. Join some of the trips, start you'r own or just put out a bubby ad, something usualy turns up. (sometimes it's me!)

James  

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (minnime @ Mar. 30 2004,09:00)]Further to expand on what i have already said I am 45 young,
<font color='#0000FF'>minnime,
45 is not young mate your an old get like me

welcome to yd mike.

cheers
barrie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Hi barrie, Of couse it's Young mate, Old is when you need a Zimmer to look round a dive site accompanied by a scantily clad young female Nurse,

Hmm on the other hand

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (minnime @ April 03 2004,10:59)]Hi barrie, Of couse it's Young mate, Old is when you need a Zimmer to look round a dive site accompanied by a scantily clad young female Nurse,

Hmm on the other hand
<font color='#0000FF'>mike,
dont call em zimmers anymore,there called dpv's or scooters and the nurse usually waits on the boat with the o2 and the warm blankets.

cheers
barrie

nb we could probably give these young fellas a run for there money...............time for my medicine?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Minime

Excellent screen name! (That's what my family called my daughter when she was born....poor lass!)

As been said before, a real friendly bunch, get stuck in and enjoy.

/Colin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts