YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

:yelclap: :wavey:
Hi everybody - you're far too numerous for me to do separate relies, but welcome to the site, look forward to reading your posts and seeing you soon>
Cheers
John

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Ditto.  I try to welcome everyone, but there are for too many to keep up!  Never thought it would get like this!!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

You've only got yersel' to blame. You're a victim of your own success. As a matter of interest. Do we now reckon this is the UK's biggest dive club(except maybe the Navy)

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Peter,

Hope you're coming along well mate.

I can't comment on whether we are the biggest dive club in the UK, but let's just say I'm now receiving unsolicited emails from branches of a well-known British sub-aqua club enquiring about where we meet (club-house), how much our subs are (and who collects them?) and where we moor our club RIBs etc........

It's a decided credit to the membership that the quality of the site has been maintained as it's grown (I joined last May and there were then nearly 50 members on YD - we now look like we're gonna bust 350 in the not too distant future). And for the members, it's all free !!!

Dive safe all (I know you'll be back in the water after a sensible surface interval Pete!)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

go on lads make us a bsac club,
ill unpack my crowbar, heart attack kit and stab jacket......

JOKE! ;)

seriously though why are they called stab jackets?? (is it short for stabaliser jacket??)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Yes, stabiliser jacket, with i in the middle, not a. Can't anyone in the UK spell these days? Now, when I was young ......... ;-)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

My Father was just a twinkle in my Grandfathers eye

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts