YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Finally got around to joining after many recommendations, didn't realise what a popular site this is, have had a look around and found some interesting topics being discussed and hope to add something to the site. Am off to the sun next week diving caverns in southern Italy with another yd member 'Iq Diving' we visit a couple of times a year as there are about 50 caverns and caves... never entered the true caves as only qualified as a sport diver (BSAC) but get such a thrill from the caverns that I just keep going back, been to the usual places in the red sea etc but cannot compare with the south of Italy.... don't believe what you read there is GREAT diving there.. if you're interested in trying it let me know and will advise on how to get there etc.
Dino:teeth:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Dino,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Hi and welcome Dino :)

We met at Martyn's talk recently and I've been looking into the Italy trip. Very keen to get there but have also been dreaming of diving the caves in Sardinia (along with various other places) and there just aren't enough leave days in the working calendar !

Being as I'm a sucker for all things Italian I'm sure I'll get there soon, might be "heading that way next year" :teeth:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,

Finally got around to joining after many recommendations, didn't realise what a popular site this is, have had a look around and found some interesting topics being discussed and hope to add something to the site. Am off to the sun next week diving caverns in southern Italy with another yd member 'Iq Diving' we visit a couple of times a year as there are about 50 caverns and caves... never entered the true caves as only qualified as a sport diver (BSAC) but get such a thrill from the caverns that I just keep going back, been to the usual places in the red sea etc but cannot compare with the south of Italy.... don't believe what you read there is GREAT diving there.. if you're interested in trying it let me know and will advise on how to get there etc.
Dino:teeth:
Hi Dino

I'm new to the site as well. I only really get to dive on holiday as wife is is a non diver with no intention of diving but she loves Italy and is fluent in Italian from spending six years in Italy, so given the chance I know she would take any oppertunity to go back. I would really appreciate any information you can give me on diving in Italy the one place where I go diving without her getting bored.

Graham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi I started to visit a small town in the south called Palinuro about 6 years ago, the diving is amazing, since then I have taken 2 groups and have two more planned for this year, a friend and I have set ip a website with all the info called iqdiving.com have a look at it and you should get enough info from there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.