YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

I am afraid not, which is rather annoying as I have had to pay out for my third bulb

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>let me know if you can get cheap bulbs. I keep dropping my torch and at 80 quid a drop its costing me a fortune.

On the other hand have managed to locate a very cheap source for underwater waterproof notebooks. well under half the cost of the ones you can get at dis-uk and places.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Imported post

i'm not sure whether this will help,but can only try.

if you look on your old bulb you will see a web site address.

if it the same as my uk100light cannon it will say walamps.com.

which turns out to be welch allyn,they make the bulbs in the usa,i think the part number is LK10-007-00.

if you go to the web site you need to go to solearc then work down the part numbers.

theres even the drawing for the bulbs on here.

if any yd's got there own company may be worth getting a few people together and order a batch?

hope this helps because they are bloody expensive for what they are.

graham.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Actually I know someone who works for a lighting company, will have a word

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

WA are reluctant to deal with anything but BIG orders, AIUI - the hiddivelights group bemoans the difficulty of getting the damn things on a regular basis

You can get a developer's kit (5 bulbs) without too much trouble, tho they're totally un-warranty'd as they're for experimental purposes...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Nov. 04 2003,10:59)]WA are reluctant to deal with anything but BIG orders, AIUI - the hiddivelights group bemoans the difficulty of getting the damn things on a regular basis

You can get a developer's kit (5 bulbs) without too much trouble, tho they're totally un-warranty'd as they're for experimental purposes...
Myself and Tibbs are in the process of trying to get some people together to get some 18W HID bulbs from Welch Allen ATM. Tibbs has spoken to them and their happy to sell us a batch of 5 with the usuall warranties etc. We need at least 3 and may be able to justify 4 but we need at least one other person to go ahead.

These are the 18W bulbs from the Halcyon lights.

If anyone is interested, let us know.

Cheers,
Rob.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

If you don't get anyone here - post to the hiddivelights group. There's usually somebody wants one..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Nov. 04 2003,11:18)]If you don't get anyone here - post to the hiddivelights group. There's usually somebody wants one..
Thanks Dom we may have to give that a try.

What's the URL?

Cheers,
Rob.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Frogman @ Nov. 04 2003,15:06)]robK,

What dimensions are the 18w?
I've modified a D-Cell maglite and hope that I can ditch my 50w hallogen directly for a HID!

If it fits, ill be up for it soon
Call me thicky but ATM I have no idea.

My bulb & serial number specs are with Tibbs as he is doing the ordering and I don't have the numbers written down anywhere otherwise I'd look it up.

All I can tell you is it's the one for the Halcyon 18W HID.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I'll see what I can dig out.

Cheers,
Rob.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

What sort of price are we talking for the 18 watt for the halcyon, are they the old style or new ?

Simon

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

The part number for an 18w bulb(ok they should 10w but I have got an 18w) thats fits c/d HID is M18P021 which is from Welch Allyn if thats of anyhelp to anyone.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon @ Nov. 04 2003,17:04)]What sort of price are we talking for the 18 watt for the halcyon, are they the old style or new ?

Simon
The 18W Halcyon bulb is £165 in the shops.

Direct from the suplier we can get 5 for £98 each.

HTH
Rob.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts