YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

If anyone needs to find tide times, try searching on Google eg search for TIDE TABLES HASTINGS.

Make sure and check whether the times are adjusted to BST or not.

I tried for all the places I normally dive and got a result.

Result!

I wonder how prevalent this info is. If any of you try and don't get the info you want then please put a reply here.

..... ah, forget it, who cares.  

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steve-k @ May 04 2004,13:35)]again add 1 hour for bst
That annoys me. Why can't the lazy buggers adjust the tables? Especially the ones that are printed out on bits of paper and sold to us.

I have a set I bought the other day. It says clearly on it 'add one hour for BST'. It's a calendar style thing, and on it is clearly marked the dates when BST begins and ends.

Why the f*** didn't they just adjust the numbers in the table accordingly? Do they expect me to THINK FOR MYSELF or something?  

OK, I know there's probably a perfectly good reason for it. But I don't care, I feel like having a whinge.

Oh, and Finless...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
f anyone needs to find tide times, try searching on Google eg search for TIDE TABLES HASTINGS.
Make sure and check whether the times are adjusted to BST or not.
I tried for all the places I normally dive and got a result.
Result!
I wonder how prevalent this info is. If any of you try and don't get the info you want then please put a reply here.

I was going to do a sarcastic response to this, but a search for 'TIDE TABLES STONEY' actually does produce some results!

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That annoys me. Why can't the lazy buggers adjust the tables? Especially the ones that are printed out on bits of paper and sold to us.
BECAUSE   GMT  or ZULU time is the time at sea, it's land lubbers like ya self who only add the DST or ALPHA time to the tables ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts