YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wreck Photographer
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History Channel Britannic 2006 Presentation

In September of 2006 an expedition was mounted by Deep Sea Detectives John Chatterton and Richie Kohler to explore and film the wreck of Britannic (Titanics Sister Ship) for a History Channel special documentary to be screened later this year.

The team made up of international technical divers used large studio HD TV cameras to film inside the wreck, cameras tethered to the surface by fibre optic cable.

A one off presentation by Richie Kohler & myself expedition cameraman (Leigh Bishop) about the expedition will be held at Falmouth Maritime Museum, Cornwall on Wed June 6th 2007.

Both Richie & Leigh will talk about the logistics of the expedition and show some behind the scenes footage edited together by the History Channel especially for this presentation.

Only 100 seats available for booking and more information see this link
Britannic

Please forward to anyone you know may be interested.

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Is anyone here planning on going to this event?

I've just had this email back from the NMM:

The lecture starts at 6.30 on the 6th June, but we recommend that you arrive for 6pm.

Lecture £6
Lecture plus 2-course buffet £15

Steve

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
I would like to see this but taking a day or two off from work, as its a weekday :angry: isn't very good timing. Plus its not like its the middle of the UK meaning travel to and from is only possible for a few who live down that way.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Is anyone here planning on going to this event?

I've just had this email back from the NMM:

The lecture starts at 6.30 on the 6th June, but we recommend that you arrive for 6pm.

Lecture £6
Lecture plus 2-course buffet £15

Steve

Yes. I've booked 4 tickets.

Leigh, are you down here with Ian Taylor again at that time?

-Neil

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I'm getting tired of living on the wrong side of the country :frown: Don't suppose there is any chance of a 'one-off' on the Eastern side ???

Dianne

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I'm getting tired of living on the wrong side of the country :frown: Don't suppose there is any chance of a 'one-off' on the Eastern side ???

Dianne
What do you mean by one-off? I didn't think quickies were your style Dianne ;)

I would have loved to have gone but I am working in France that week...b*llox

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
What do you mean by one-off? I didn't think quickies were your style Dianne ;)

I would have loved to have gone but I am working in France that
week...b*llox
Gareth, you are just a smut-monkey...................and I refer you to the OP. sniff

Dianne

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
6.30pm mid-week in Falmouth - not the greatest of timing. :( We'll see.

Dianne - it feels like Falmouth is the wrong side of the country from here too.

Adrian

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Leigh, you coming up to Barton again this year? I'll be seeing Dennis tonight an seeing if he's organising another talk.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Not at commuter time. I reckon I'll take the afternoon off if anything. Then there is time for food and drink..? :)

We're debating having the buffet afterwards, but to be honest last year at the Flying Enterprise presentation we just buggered off to the Chainlocker and met everyone else there.

Probably just stick with the presentation only and poss get a bite to eat beforehand. I'll be at work in the morning, home about 3.30 ish if you are coming down and want to grab something to eat beforehand.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Neil, is that stretch of road open at the Bodmin/St.Austell/ Roche roundabout yet?
I don't know Steve - I haven't been further North than Truro in a while.

Ah, just read it here on Packets website:

'While the new road, certain to ease heavy congestion, will open fully by the beginning of July, a three-and-a-half mile stretch from Indian Queens to Victoria will open during the first week of May. This will allow vehicles to avoid the Iron Bridge, which is frequently blocked with oversize lorries and has been a major reason for the works.'

That will definately help matters.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
We're debating having the buffet afterwards, but to be honest last year at the Flying Enterprise presentation we just buggered off to the Chainlocker and met everyone else there.

Probably just stick with the presentation only and poss get a bite to eat beforehand. I'll be at work in the morning, home about 3.30 ish if you are coming down and want to grab something to eat beforehand.
I won't want to stick around afterwards, but a bite beforehand will be desirable.

Adrian

·
Registered
24 Posts
History Channel Britanic 2006 Presentation

It Is Worth Taking A Day Off Work For Leighs Falmouth Museum Lectures
I Have Been Attending The Talks For The Last Two Years . The Venue Is Very Good , The Talk And Wreck Footage Is Second To None. Afterwards You Can Enjoy A Meal In The Museum And Then Enjoy A Night Out In The Pubs Of Falmouth,i Stay In The Grove Hotel Across The Road From The Museum,stuff Work Just Go!
All The Best Gary

1 - 19 of 19 Posts