YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident bibliophile
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We added this paper today and I thought some folks here would be interested:

Acott, C. The diving "Law-ers": A brief resume of their lives. SPUMS 1999 Volume 29 Number 1. RRR ID: 5990

Acott said:
This paper is a brief outline of the lives of the originators of the physical laws of diving (Archimedes and Pascal’s Principles; Poiseuille and Laplace’s equations; the Laws of Boyle, Henry and Dalton).

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts
We added this paper today and I thought some folks here would be interested:

Acott, C. The diving "Law-ers": A brief resume of their lives. SPUMS 1999 Volume 29 Number 1. RRR ID: 5990

Thanks Gene, you always post sh1t that interests me - you're 'greened' :) . Where would we be without those brilliant, enquiring minds? Saw a name there that hasn't crossed my non-brilliant mind in years - Bert... Paul wasn't it, of 'The Paul Bert Effect' fame?

Berko:)

·
Resident bibliophile
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Gene, you always post sh1t that interests me - you're 'greened' :) . Where would we be without those brilliant, enquiring minds? Saw a name there that hasn't crossed my non-brilliant mind in years - Bert... Paul wasn't it, of 'The Paul Bert Effect' fame?

Berko:)
Glad I'm not the only nerd around... :teeth: It was Paul Bert. The SPUMS Journal has a ton of fun history in it. You might also enjoy this one...

Acott, C. JS Haldane, JBS Haldane, L Hill, and A Siebe: A brief resume of their lives. SPUMS 1999 Volume 29 Number 3. RRR ID: 6016

1 - 4 of 4 Posts