YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
As a slight upside to this , the Cutty Sark is undergoing an extensive restoration project and much of the upper decking and all of the interior removable objects and all masts and rigging were removed before this fire occured , also like the farmers axe much of the origional ship has been replaced by new timber over the years . Having survived the vageries of wind and weather on the oceans of the world during her life I am sure that in time her silhouette will grace the Greenwhich skyline again.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Call me selfish but I suppose it would make a nice wreck dive for quite a few years?

:)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Dan, i'm tempted, but i may have to cancel another trip. . . I'm diving it the Friday after you as well.....Have you seen how far offshore it is!
Well, it's off all of my charts :eek:mg: A rough guess, about 32nm from Lymington!

I hope it's not rough!

Getting back to the thread, just seen the Architect for the Cutty Sark restoration interviewed on Ch4 news. He seemed quite optimistic, despite his glasses.

dan

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
This article says it is being treated as "suspicious". Why would someone do this?
This makes me really mad. The thought that some witless moron gets some perverse satisfaction from causing this level of destruction makes me think that when the prat is unearthed he should get his reproductive organs cut off to stop the bloodline now.

The reason that I find this act of vandalism so personally is that it was where my father took my sister and myself on the last family trip we took before he died of cancer. I was 7, my sister was 5 and my hero told us the stories of both the Cutty Sark and its neighbour The Gypsy Moth before we went and he made the whole thing come to life for me.

Smoke the b4$76rd/s out and castrate him/them.

Regards
Midnight

1 - 15 of 15 Posts