YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya All

I'm an Ex-pom who now happily resides in the sunny sub tropical North of New Zealand. Where my partner and i run a dive charter and dive accomodation. A few miles off the coast here is the Beautiful Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve. Where i spend most of my days. [LINK REMOVED - NO UNAUTHORISED ADVERTISING PLEASE]

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi
Welcome to YD
If I've read your location correctly (on the Tutukaka marina) you've certainly set yourself a task - in direct competition with Dive Tutukaka! :D
All the best with your venture, its a wonderful area.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Hi Martin.

Welcome to YD, some time in my life I will come and dive the poor knights.

Have fun & post some site guides for us all to read and be jelous of.

Davie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Welcome to YD
If I've read your location correctly (on the Tutukaka marina) you've certainly set yourself a task - in direct competition with Dive Tutukaka! :D
All the best with your venture, its a wonderful area.
I am Martin's partner at Poor Knights Divers, and yes we are based at Tutukaka marina. I guess in a way we are in competition with Dive Tuts but we felt that there was room for another charter boat here at Tutukaka. But we will not be getting involved in training or running a fleet of boats; we just have our power cat that takes 10 experienced divers. I don't think that any one gets rich in the dive charter business but it is a nice life and we just want to promote the fantastic Poor Knights, whoever people might choose to dive with once they get here. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya kevFISH. Is Mazurka still at the knights? Awesome viz today in south harbour, a good 20-25m. Laying on the bottom at 25m i could see the ripples on the surface of the water. Saw a big spotted Grouper in Labrid channel, very 'fishy' today. :)

·
London Escapee
160 Posts
Hiya kevFISH. Is Mazurka still at the knights? Awesome viz today in south harbour, a good 20-25m. Laying on the bottom at 25m i could see the ripples on the surface of the water. Saw a big spotted Grouper in Labrid channel, very 'fishy' today. :)
Just finished a 7 day trip, so having a few days off - back out on the weekend though. AND the vis only gets better in the winter :teeth:
sorry D-D-D

·
Banned
58 Posts
misguidedly thought this was a UK based forum
now I know what an international place it is.

hope to get to NZ one day - hope to get to your
dive places. Thanks for headsup.

Cosmo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts