YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Girlie diver
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oooh yes, we have been getting some great stuff in sharm this week... we have had a whale shark on the back of Jackson Reef, huge green turtles off the beach, eagle ray on Jackfish Alley, and a biiiig white tip reef shark on the Alternatives!! Sadly I was not in the water for either shark sighting :( :(

And that is not all, other dive centres have been seeing manta rays and other big stuff too... everyone seems to be seeing dolphins riding the boats' bow waves... and the sure sign that summer is on its way.. the shoals are starting to gather in Ras Mohammed... I saw the beginnings of the snapper wall on Shark Reef yesterday and a rather large gathering of unicorns on the front of Yolande... yay!!!

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
Don't forget the small stuff. Are there any ornate ghost pipefish still on the black coral? The fishy highlight of our trip last year.

·
Girlie diver
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly haven't seen an ornate ghost pipe fish this year yet. There was a great one a couple of years ago on some green broccoli coral on the pinaccle bang in the middle of Middle Garden. It matched the coral exactly, bar the fact that its knobbly bits were spiky as opposed to rounded like the coral. Amazing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw the beginnings of the snapper wall on Shark Reef yesterday and a rather large gathering of unicorns on the front of Yolande... yay!!!
Wait. Now, it's been a long day so I might not be able to detect some exaggeration, but I really hope that there is actually a sea-creature called a unicorn!

L_M

·
Girlie diver
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha.. good point... just to clarify they are unicorn fish, a kind of surgeon fish, named after the spike on its forehead...

They start converging in huge groups on the front of Yolande Reef in summertime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts