YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Whilst driving back home today I got to pondering, out of curiosity, what is the most ridiculous thing you lot have seen underwater this year.

Though I have seen several fairly odd things, I think by far the strangest was a Woodlice (louce, Steve W, your a biologist, what is the singular for Woodlice) at 12M in Dorethea, it was swimming, I mean, it was alive with lots of legs all batting away, watched it of a good 30~40 seconds, very odd.

Andrew

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well nothing really of note this year,  but have seen a set of false teeth and a gun frame last year.

The gun frame was a automatic with the barrel removed in the Philippines!

Daz

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Michael, of course! *grin*

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cooper @ Dec. 16 2003,20:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what is the most ridiculous thing you lot have seen underwater this year.
...........Mark Chase?

Only joking :)
Yeah, those shut down drills were crap

Oh well back to the slob knob

Mark Chase

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahemm,

Howards Suit and Hood

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Yep woodlouse would be the singular.  These aren't actually insects as most might assume, they're crustaceans and need at least a little moisture to keep their gills functioning, hence you only find them in damp conditions. So, no reason they couldn't survive for a while totally submerged.

Porg, I'm assuming you mean "funny strange" rather than "funny ha-ha" (unless you've got a really weird sense of humour).  Scientifically it's quite interesting that an animal like that can manage to "swim", it's very energetically demanding though and they can't maintain it for long.

Funniest thing I've seen underwater this year was two YBOD-ers, complete with 10 litre stages (?!?) in about 10 metres on the farnes with no concept of finning above the sea bed, unless they were intending to do an impression of a dredger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts