YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok looks like i got here before Juz and Blanaid so my version  

Well we met at 8 at Dover Marina and the weather was perfick. Having introduced ourselves we borded Taurus to hear tales of whoa on how many anchors numptie divers had lost for him.

There was a large selection of divers and we were fortunate to be in the exulted company of Teresa Telus and Kevin Pickering from Leigh Bishops Brittanic expedition. Bit more Here

I was obviously more awed at meeting Juz and Blanaid though.

The wreck HMS Hermes is a WW1 British Cruiser off Calais, bit more here

It took a few hours to get there, but all looked good till the Plankton Bloom struck. We had warm water but only a short slack, with a dark 2-3m of vis. The wreck is on its side but close to inverted, and due to the poor vis and current it was not the best of dives, but hey ho thats diving, and it was a good season starter.

On recovery we looked at our profile on Juz'es puter and it looked damn good. Then Andy made the mistake of asking me to grab the shot buoy, which resulted in the head of his gaff getting ripped off. Damn cheap boat kit i say.

So overall a long day but good company and a reasonable dive.

The discussion on the way back largly featured Brittanic, Jutland and bells, none of which i could contribute much to  

Dive Safe

Paul
Hey is this my 1,000 post  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The discussion on the way back largly featured Brittanic, Jutland and bells, none of which i could contribute much to
yeah, we all had a great day in the sun................    glad the shit water is on the FRENCH side

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>But teh best part of the day............ Juz snoozing in one of Taurus's bunks for 2 hours - hmmmm, very comfy!

and just to make it clear, if I'm on Taurus with you - EVER - I get first call (except Digger - this I know!) of the bunk.

Juz

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Well we came, we saw something & I got caught in fishing line! Luckily I have a (t)rusty knife which went through, but I was sure someone was pulling me back! Only I knew Juz was in front with Paul I was about to blame him!

The wreck was covered like a carpet, dead men’s fingers and starfish everywhere; there was loads of life (guess that's why there is so much fishing line!)

Teresa and I discussed nappies, dehydration and girlies and of course chocolate (rolo eggs versus cream eggs)! Teresa & Kev are such an unassuming pair, great people! I wasn't aware I was in the presence of greatness!

I got to snooze in the bunk on the way back for an hour, what bliss!

Great to meet Paul, another face to a name & got to thank him personally for the marks for Easter Sundays amazing dive!

Another success skipper! Looking forward to my next trip out!

Blanaid

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wasn't aware I was in the presence of greatness!
I'LL FRIGGING REMEMBER THAT........  

Skipper make note for next time.

" empty contents of lead shot belt into Blaind's sleeping bag "  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts