YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>our club's going in june but I suspect it's YD cherry will be gone by then

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I'll be there 17th/18th/19th April - the trip to Plymouth has been booked for ages so it was coincidence we would be there so soon after the sinking.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MartinS @ Mar. 29 2004,16:34)]I'm hoping to get a dive on her over the same weekend as Bryan, so should be able to get out with Looe Divers for one dive whilst I'm there - I'll make sure I'm wearing the YD t-shirt!
Regards, and dive safe
Martin
Martin,

Maybe we'll bump into each other on the dive - most likely I will be the only diver you'll see there with a Ocean Reef FFM.

If you are going from Looe Divers you may well bump into my VG friend Andy H (if he is back from hols).

I'll just wave at every diver I see in case it is you  

If it is v/busy on the Scylla we may leave it until the second dive of the day as it is a fairly shallow dive.

Perhaps we could be the founder members of the "YDer and  appeared on the Scylla webcam club"?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I may try to dive her on Wednesday 14th April. Does anyone know of any dive centers who organise trips to her midweek?

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I know the bloke who was on the news tonight diving her - Does that count?

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Hehhehheh... think I will beat you all to it boys - I am going to be down there over Easter weekend....

Helen

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Myself, Dawn and JulesC (along with some non YDers) will be there for Whitsun. Hopefully she won't be too battered by then...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ Mar. 29 2004,22:08)]Hehhehheh... think I will beat you all to it boys - I am going to be down there over Easter weekend....

Helen
me this coming weekend he he  

well hopefully !

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Imported post

I apparently got it all wrong!  I am, (according to her indoors) in fact, going to Looe over the Easter weekend, not the following weekend, which is a real shame as I was so much more looking forward to meeting Bryan than diving the Scylla - NOT  

Some other time Bryan - at least I can tell you all about it before you go so you won't need to waste your money - you can put it towards the YBOD you so crave  

It looks like I won't be first YD'er, but you never know....
Regards, and dive safe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chris Guimaraens @ Mar. 29 2004,20:08)]I may try to dive her on Wednesday 14th April. Does anyone know of any dive centers who organise trips to her midweek?
Hi Chris

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I may try to dive her on Wednesday 14th April. Does anyone know of any dive centers who organise trips to her midweek?
Try http://www.deepbluediving.org/kara_c.html

I will hopefully be diving it on Thursday 15th with deep blue on their rib.

Dave

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I will be diving her on saturday 3rd April with my club. I was a bit dissapointed when I saw her pre-sinking. there seems to be most of the top part of her missing. but access to 4 decks (minus engine room) including bridge and quarters should be intresting without silt around to muddy the waters. we have trips planned for later in the year so it will be interesting to see how it changes over time. The plan we have is to do two dives to survey her and check depths, and entry/exit points etc. for later use as a first open water wreck dive for trainees possibly. I am diving with lots of air, so at 20-ish metres we should get a lot of time on her. I thought Adrian Kelland was down there to see her scuttled, then dive the next day?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JohnDuncan @ Mar. 31 2004,17:52)]I thought Adrian Kelland was down there to see her scuttled, then dive the next day?
yep I was too but unfortunately public diving wasn't allowed until Monday!!!!
I've booked a place for this Saturday whether pending !

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Just watched the sinking program. Apparently they have blocked off areas using 2inch angle and bolts. As if that would stop divers. Perhaps they have bent the bolts to make it really hard.

Trying to pursuade buddies to do it as a second dive Sunday, so we know what's what when it comes to taking trainees around it. Not that it should be hard to swim around the outside!

One buddy of mine dived it Tuesday evening. They have left some of the switches.

Adrian

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Imported post

I'm hoping to get a few dives in Monday & Tuesday - if my potential buddy get's his finger out and confirms if he's free to go down  

Hopefully have nice new lens to try out so will post any photo's I get (or at least links to them if they're too big).

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Boat was cancelled so I never made it, next date is the end of the month.  

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I will be on (and in) her in around 18 hours! I hope the weather holds out. the plan is to map the outside on the first dive, depths of bottom, decks etc. then into Looe for Lunch, and penetrate her in the afternoon. should be good for a couple of 1 hour dives(?)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts