YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hey there people,

I am interested in the tunnels at Hodge if anybody knows anything. Ive been told it would be a good site and I am looking for some info on: how long, how big and airspaces in between the sumped parts e.t.c especialy previous experiences of the tunel networks and stories.

Thanks

DD  

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

I was browsing through a pile of 990 mags at Divers Warehouse last week and one had an article on Hodge inc a map.  Give them a call and they can  find the mag and send it to you.

As Steve as said, Andy DalesDiver will have up to date info tho so def worth giving him a call.

Tim

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>See here also click on "Go Scuba" then click on Hodge close, it shows you a map of hodge but that doesn't quite prepare you for the reality of the site though, it's a little bit "different"
Chee-az
steve

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>DD
The tunnel systems at Hodge Close has long been a draw for divers. From what I recall from past experience theres one which does a loop and exits back into the quarry (there is a clear daylight zone here) the others unfortunately the scene of several fatalities either go off into the quarryside leading to dead end pardon the pun or dissappear into a labarinth with other off shoots.

Cave Diving and overhead environment techniques a must,

Andy will tell you the score

1 - 5 of 5 Posts