YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a Frog dsmb, similar to a Halcyon; it's got a couple of small holes, small cuts 2 or 3mm long. I've tried all sorts to patch them without success. Last roll of the dice is a splodge of silicon sealant - will this work? Any other suggestions?

·
Proprietor of a cleverly disguised username
320 Posts
I found a DSMB with 2 holes in it. I superglued a patch of gaffer tape over it, then ran a bead of superglue round the edge to seal it a bit more, and it's still in unleaking use 2 years later. (I used red gaffer tape...)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Richard,

Get yourself a nice AP Valves dsmb one and chuck that one, as ive found nothign tends to last long,, not even gaffer tape ;-)

go direct, its the cheapest way.

N

·
Worlds leading exponent of anal acoustics
487 Posts
Another vote for tear aid cracking stuff.
Cheers
Lee C

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
What Steve says.

This is a come get me or dont run over me signal device and the last
thing you want is for it to fail when needed.

Buy a new one.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Another thumbs up for TearAid. I had several small perforations in a DSMB, and a few small patches of the stuff made it all better again :)

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
What Steve says.

This is a come get me or dont run over me signal device and the last
thing you want is for it to fail when needed.

Buy a new one.
Same view here. Don't patch up life support equipment. Chuck it and get a new one, it's only a few quid.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've got one which is patched with a bike puncture repair patch and some aquasure... works fine, just don't tell Tom!

·
Registered
160 Posts
A tip I learnt from a fellow muppet is to ask Seaskin for their membrane swatch samples. One of them is orange, bingo! Aquasure that over the hole and jobs a goodun. Pros - its free if you have aquasure lying around, Cons - you'll have to wait for it to arrive.

HTH, Joe

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
pmsl - who was it that said... 'buy cheap, buy twice'?
Yeah well at the Halcyon price I could have bought the Frog 3 or 4 times and still be ahead. I just flat refuse to buy anything with the Big H on it - I don't do fashion labels. I've been pretty happy with it, I've had it 3 years, now and until last month it's been fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts