YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday was the rainiest day on record, except in Weymouth which was pretty nice all day. Up until about 6pm that is. As I left the dive shop and headed home to get my sleeping bag and toothbrush for the weekend ahead, the heavens opened.

An hour later, after giving X Dream a last minute clean and running to Asda for supplies, I was back at the shop to meet the divers on the Full Circle South Coast Safari.
FULL CIRCLE EXPERIENCES

Introducing myself as deck bee-atch / tea maker / general dogsbody for the trip, I was greeted by Monty Halls and Chris Holt, who were running the trip. "Ah, it's Purple Vonny" said Monty, who is a big fan of YD!!!!!!!!!

The plan for the expedition was to do a check out / scallop collecting dive on the British Inventor on Friday night and then set off at 7am Saturday. Apart from one lady barfing and Mr Hall's drysuit turning FUBAR, preventing him from diving, everyone returned to the boat happy and had a supper of fresh scallops.

Saturday we set off much later than 7am by popular agreement of everyone on board. Waiting for slack on the M2, the lads did a spot of fishing for Saturday night’s supper and the ladies turned green and barfed a bit while I made bacon butties and Nigel filled cylinders. The swell was really picking up. Cooking was interesting.

The plan to travel from Weymouth to Dartmouth was shortened to Weymouth to West Bay. Most people dived on the M2 but most voted to can the next dive, opting to step onto a minbus to take them to Devon for next leg of their safari.. My offers of pasties, soup and Mars Bars were met with mixed responses ranging from enthusiasm to vomiting.

I had a great weekend with a very nice bunch of people. I got to drive the boat, listen to tales of derring do, and spend 2 days eating junk food. I am black and blue from getting thrown around the boat and I am still swaying on dry land.

The question remains......

Is he? Or isn't he?

Photos posted with permission from Monty and Chris. They neither confirm nor deny the rumours.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Jury's out, but they're comign to a conclusion rapidly.

I've seen a few ladies go weak at the knee, and he's very polite and speaks to women like they're actually human beings, not just sex objects to jump on and off. So he must be. Either that or a damned fool :D

Digs.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
You spent the weekend with Monty!! why you never mentioned it once on Friday:teeth:

Dave

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I haven't read the thread but, from the title, I can safely say :-

PV, you liar! Why would you lie like that? I can't believe that you have lied like that!

I have seen Monty live on TV and listened to the radio all weekend with his name frequently mentioned and never saw you or heard you mentioned?

Tut tut young lady, I had thought you better than being a fibber! So what is it you like so much? The Turban? The cheeky smile? The beard .......... the big hands :eek:mg:?

:)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
You wish ... ! Just cos you turned Howie, it does not mean you can be successful with all men ;)

Mal
Howie was ripe for the turning, but I feel you were already leaning before I arrived on the scene :D That said, you have been spending time with the big man recently, he hasn't had you as a shoulder to cry on has he? That's how it all started, a wet weekend in Brighton and he said he had issues he had to work through.

Digs.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.