YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Sunday got off to a great start with the alarm not working and me being a little slow at being prepared. So with a mouthful of beans n toast we drove off from the caravan site at  Trearddur Bay to pick up the RIB being driven by Digsy.

The day was slightly cloudy , but no wind and the sea very very flat.

Dive one was down in 7m on a wreck just to the north of Trearddar Bay. We measured the viz in cm not metres. It was dark and not a pleasant experience. Rod (in a semidry, and still not joining YD) was testing out my new weezle base layer which can be used underneath a wetsuit (he still owes me beer for this). Diving was grim, very very grim. Temperature 8c

Dive two saw us putting a new marker bouy on the Norman Court. Now this was fun. For a start we had 3-4 m of viz. Knot tying in 7 m with dry gloves, is worth a go. Plenty of big wrasse to see, loads of hermit crabs. For regulars to this site the sands have shifted and more of the wreck can be seen than last year. The brass rivets have been nicely polished by the sea and we found some very very small sea slugs.

For Monday we did a shore dive from Treaddur Bay. Nice and sunny , flat sea, 4 m viz, Max depth 5m, temp 8c. Lots of fun with hermit/shore/edible crabs and blenneys, Rod saw a plaice. We found TREASURE. OK it was a dive computer where the wrist band had snapped. Dive time 59 mins and 70 bar used. Rod is finally admitting that he might purchase a drysuit.

magic

Ian

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>So to recap,  viz was the usual for T/Bay.  My club was in Trearrdur Bay for our regular easter trip, sounds like I made the right decision to go to Dover  

You didn't really leave from Holyhead did you ?

FB

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>No
The boats leave from the beach near the lifeboat station.

My family were happy with the choice. Doing some diving is almost a bonus at times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts