YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
The one weakness with dogs is that they are susceptible to poisoning, .
Good luck with that one.

The only access is the letterbox and those who own big dogs know that
to give a dog access to that is asking for trouble. Either chewed up mail
or chewed up postman/paper boys hand. To poison the dog you'd have
to break in and to do that you'd be in his zone already.
(mine can open doors BTW)

Once you invade that, you can have the best prime steak going and the
dog wont care. Food response is gone and you are now on defend/attack
mode.

Besides the scrotes always go for the easy target and the house next door
that has no dog is far more atractive than the one that does.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Ever considered what happens after woofoms sinks his teeth into the burglar?
A couple of guys recently got let off for chasing a burglar down the road and beating him to death with a big stick, another stabbed and intruder and got off. Someone breaks in and gets bit? tough shit....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Ever considered what happens after woofoms sinks his teeth into the burglar?
Yep. I'm guessing there'll be a piercing yell, following by screams as DoggieT shakes his head violently with whatever body part in his mouth, followed by wound-licking and more biting. That would be my guess. Is that what you meant?
As for the burglar, funk 'em, frankly!

·
bored
2,308 Posts
A couple of guys recently got let off for chasing a burglar down the road and beating him to death with a big stick, another stabbed and intruder and got off. Someone breaks in and gets bit? tough shit....
The first example ended up as a court case for murder IIRCC, the second could be one of three incidents; all of which had people arrested on suspision of murder.
I`ve not got a problem with the bad guys getting the poo end of the stick, ten minutes listening to two officers from the burgalry squad after we got done over shows what a freaking joke the legal sanctions are; they are somewhere between going through the motions and playing the game.
A bit of thought into the chances of getting sued out of existence for assault, GBH, personal injuries and dangerous dogs please, someone I know is currently being sued by a tenent because they managed to fall down the stairs; what chance do you think you stand when you`ve demonstrated a willingness to cause harm and use weapons as a first recourse.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The first example ended up as a court case for murder IIRCC, the second could be one of three incidents; all of which had people arrested on suspision of murder.
I`ve not got a problem with the bad guys getting the poo end of the stick, ten minutes listening to two officers from the burgalry squad after we got done over shows what a freaking joke the legal sanctions are; they are somewhere between going through the motions and playing the game.
A bit of thought into the chances of getting sued out of existence for assault, GBH, personal injuries and dangerous dogs please, someone I know is currently being sued by a tenent because they managed to fall down the stairs; what chance do you think you stand when you`ve demonstrated a willingness to cause harm and use weapons as a first recourse.
Hence the JCB

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
That is an old trick, lob their mobiles into the back of a truck full of tipping material or leave them in a place where light fingered operatives are likely to be found.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Of course, they have to be arrested, maybe you missed Cameron saying they wont be prosecuting people for stabbing burglars anymore, all that nonsense ended with the previous Govt, now they arrest you, make you a cup of tea, tell you not to do it again and send you on your way...

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
If you know how, breaking a double glazed unit is easy. And quiet.
No it s not, annealled glass will make a racket if broken and you have to do it twice.
Toughened glass is quieter and easier if you have the right tools but can stilll= be a pain in the arse.
If you are having new windows fitted and are worried about break-ins ask the manufacturer to put laminated glass on the external pane.

·
Gone to pastures new
958 Posts
IIRC there's little that can or will be done about a dog that damages a burglar inside the premises where it's more of a grey area is outside the house. Some years ago a friend had a boxer or it may have been a bulldog which while it would let people in got frisky when they went to leave so that he'd have to put the dog away before guests left. A burglar did break in, the dog ignored him until he tried to leave the same way he'd come via the toilet window. Apparently a big bite out of an arse cheek leaves a lot of blood

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't find a variant with a dog a reasonable one at the time we live. What is talking about, guys? If I adopt a dog, I will do it for pleasure not for my needs to protect a house. As for a reliable home security system, take a look at the Ajax brand. They produce professional devices for a reasonable price. I have used several security systems, but this one is the most convenient for me. I like the way it is controlled. Also, it doesn't require a wi-fi connection. So you can turn off your router when you are out.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts