YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have somm FE 5mm XL gloves which I got at last years show. They are quite good as wet gloves go but I have got some dry gloves now and wont be going back to wet ones except possibly 3mm ones in summer. Im willing to sell these if youre interested. they have only done 4 dives.

Martin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have used the same pair of 5mm FE gloves for 2 years now all throughout the year, down to 4C and could manage 30 mins comfortably. I find them easy to replace a mask and you can don them before getting kitted up to maximise your hand warmth. Just make sure you get the best size fit, the length of the cuffs on them is long which keeps flushing to a minimum. I have just purchased a new pair as they are just starting to show signs of wear on the finger tips. Good value for money.

Dickie.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Warning....... FE stuff has funny sizing. Don't be tempted to order over the net without trying a size first. Most people find, me included that FE stuff is at least one size smaller than everyone else.

Reactions: Capt Morgan

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use 3mm and 5mm Waterproof ones and find them extremely comfortable. The only disadvantage is if you have a cuff ring system of some sort as they gloves are quite long and can get in a way of the seal...

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I use 3mm and 5mm Waterproof ones and find them extremely comfortable. The only disadvantage is if you have a cuff ring system of some sort as they gloves are quite long and can get in a way of the seal...
And the stupid stupid zips. I have a cunning way round that though.

·
a proper member
411 Posts
I have the 5mm ones and have just dived with them for a week in Scotland. They were warm enough but tricky to don wet. A good smear of vet lube did the job, although it was like shoving your hand up a cold, dead cow.
Next time you are at the garage have it away with there polythene gloves slide on really easy then, i agree with the sizing xl in every other glove i have tried on but a l in FE 5mm's

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Next time you are at the garage have it away with there polythene gloves slide on really easy then, i agree with the sizing xl in every other glove i have tried on but a l in FE 5mm's
Yes but you look like a tit when you're putting them on, especially in a wind when they blow away then after 3 dives they drop to bits. With vet lube, you get out of the water, whip your gloves off then squirt a spooge of vet fondling goo down each one ready for the next dive. Slips on easier than fisting a granny*

* A mod will be along in a minute to delete that last sentence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts