YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may have guessed from a few of my tentitive posts i'm gonna give twins a try all being well i pick wing and twins up on saturday :embarassed: I have been wondering about hose lengths for my regs ATX50's on DST's as you know these won't feed from the left so is the hose on the left hand post longer than standard? I understand the long hose on the right post for OOA donations but thinking about the left hand running behind my head round and under my chin it may be a bit short might not be as i don't have the twins to try yet. If i need a longer hose can i just buy one with all the fittings on it so i just undo the existing and replace it with a longer one. I know dumb questions but i never said i was bright:embarassed:

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. If you need a longer hose, it's only a matter of getting a spanner and undoing it from the 1st stage and reg. Generally speaking most reg hoses are the same. Poseidon, and my Mares are slightly different though. Just take the reg into a shop if you are unsure, when you go to get a new one. All the hoses will come with fittings already attached. . ..

Incidentally, if you have a long inflator hose and need it shortened, you don't have to buy a new one. You can buy a replacement union from AP for about a tenner that you tighten with 2 spanners. You just cut that hose to length and screw on the new fitting. . . . . .

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers do most people need a slightly longer hose on the left or am i looking to far into it

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
well, i'm probably not the best person to ask that really. I have a short hose on my primary reg, and a long hose on my alternate :D. My alternate comes from the left hand side as it's not a 'handed' reg (Oceanic Omega). I can use it either way..( i also feed my primary reg hose under my arm as well!)

Only real reason it's like that is because my main reg requires a slightly different size hose than normal, and i've never bothered to get one.

I'll probably go to hell, but hey ho, if someone wants my air, i doubt they'll be too bothered where it comes from!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.