YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Ok boys here's one for you.

I've got two tx50s for my twins the right post is fine with the hose routing and is no trouble.

The left post when layed down with the see-thru rubber cap on the top pointing inwards (like the right) means that the reg hose pokes up a bit and is a bit of a pain.

Now I know you can get hose adapters that will send an IP hose, or in fact a hp hose off at a right-angle to make routing easier and sub-aqua products make these adapters for both 3/8th and 7/16ths.

Problem is that a tx50 has a 1/2in main reg hose.

Options as I can see are.

Fit blanking plug to 1/2in and change hose to normal size and buy adapter or does anyone know where I can get a 1/2in right angle adapter?

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

why can't you just angle the 1st stage differently on your valves?

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Could do but didn't wanna ... anyway those awfully fine people at subaqua products have just made some of the very monkeys I need and when they come back from the platers I'm getting one.

Woo and yay

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gavin

With DS4's use a 1/2" blanking plug and change the hose to a normal one and use a normal size port, the one nearest to the wing. The long hose then runs neatly down behind your wing and then across the chest. It won't change the performance of the reg. I do the same with my TX100's (I'm assuming by the left post you mean the one with the long hose and BC ?)

Hope that Helps

WL

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gavin Yates @ April 03 2003,21:03)]Could do but didn't wanna ... anyway those awfully fine people at subaqua products have just made some of the very monkeys I need and when they come back from the platers I'm getting one.
Got a link, Gav?

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts