YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then, at the moment, I've got my inverts upside down and prety much ready for diving, but I've got a couple of niggles that need sorting out. What's the best way of having the hoses under my backplate?

I saw Janos using a plate shaped a bit like \_/ that, but I've not really looked too closely at other setups. At the moment I was thinking of just adding a spacer (probably just a couple of SS nuts to give a decent depth of channel behind the plate, as I'm a bit concerned about crushing the hoses when I tighten the wing nuts. What with the 2 hoses being my backup reg and inflator hose for the wing, it's a bit important they don't get squashed too much!

Just interested in a few opinions. I've already decided they're going upside-down, so no comments about how they're the wrong way up!

I blame that 2tanks for all this, I do.  

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

I haven't got me a backplate yet so I'm using DiveRite stablising plates (cheers Kirky
). They're the pieces of bent SS you saw. The hoses fit between bolts and tanks and the plates go on top. If you give a tug on one of the hoses it slides no problem so I reckon it's not too tight.

I've seen other people with inverts at Stoney etc using a  backplate to do exactly the same thing. If the hoses slide if you tug them I reckon you should be ok.

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Digs, my hoses go down the centre channel, one either side of the bolts, with the BP/harness fully tightened the hoses are still free to slide up or down so are uncrushed, this is the standard OMS plate in the IQ harness.
I can do you some pix if you want but there's really more to it than I've described
HTH
Steve

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Digger,

you should have said and I would have shown how I route mine, 2m hose from the right post [ as you face it ]round the side of the cyl and over the back of the wing then the excess thru' a piece of inner tube, the other 1.5m hose round the opposite side thru' the top wing bungie and over shoulder held in a neclace.

Can't do it like the others as I have a cast v weight in the backplate channel.

HTH

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Cheers guys. I think I've got it sorted. I'm goign to get some more nuts, and have the bacplate further off the tanks. It's the new bands - the backplate used to tighten to the nuts and the tanks with 2 channels inbetween, and now there's no such space. The backplate is the same profile as the bands!

Digs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts