YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
Hi I have just got myself a lovley Canon  power shot  A80 . I have been looking at the housing so I can use it  for caving and diving for  but they  seem to cost a bomb  for this bit of plastic ,they are £100 ++ upwards has anyone  any ideas where I can get one that is not so expensive ??.
Another  question is has anyone got this camera and how does it perform underwater with the housing  ??
thanks Fiona.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cragcrawler @ May 02 2004,18:33)]
Hi I have just got myself a lovley Canon  power shot  A80 . I have been looking at the housing so I can use it  for caving and diving for  but they  seem to cost a bomb  for this bit of plastic ,they are £100 ++ upwards has anyone  any ideas where I can get one that is not so expensive ??.
Another  question is has anyone got this camera and how does it perform underwater with the housing  ??
thanks Fiona.
<font color='#3BB9FF'>Hi. You're looking for Canon WP-DC900 waterproof case, aren´t you?. It's new and it's a bit expensive. The cheapier price that I've found in Spain is 151 pounds. I've got DC800 for ixus v2 and it works perfectly (handle with care, of course). I bought it last summer and now it´s 35% cheapier. If you´re not in a hurry, wait a bit.
Cheers

·
Every dog has it's day
69 Posts
When I was looking for a Digital cam and underwater housing I looked at the A80, the cheapest that I saw the housing for was £116 on Amazon uk. This was only a couple of weeks ago so it should still be the same price.

hanmer

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Strange...

Before the "Great Crash of 2004" I had posted the same advice is Hanmer. It has gone though - spooky. I think it was all a plot to strip me of the thousand posts I had amassed before the crash!!

The cheapest I found for this housing was also Amazon. The price changes fairly regularily though, by a few pounds so it seems as if the keep just under the market price.

Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts