YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cunning LBJ is outside my window and just does not shut up! It's like living in a swiss clock on the 12th hour. cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

Get the feeling? OK Rant over, I will try to get back to work now... :)

cuckoo - AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
or triple A's if you never want to see the f**ker again.
Pleasingly when I sorted out my dad's guns and transferred them to me, he gave me a massive box of shells. And nestling in there were 5 boxes of triple A's.

I'm going to have to weld a trombone horn to the end of my shotgun, get a rocking chair, straw hat and dungarees and start using words like "varmint".

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
send my cat round - it seems intent on killing the general bird population in Lichfield - caught the little sod with an egg the other day. Cats are great but I hate them when they kill things for no reason.

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
send my cat round - it seems intent on killing the general bird population in Lichfield - caught the little sod with an egg the other day. Cats are great but I hate them when they kill things for no reason.
yeah, they're no better than humans when they do that.... ;)

·
4,553 Posts
are you sure its a cuckoo? or have you forgotten to take your medication again?:D

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
But enjoying it is a reason.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If a shotgun isn't too easy to get hold of, you could improvise a flame thrower with some petrol and one of those pump up garden sprayers.

(Might be worth improvising a fire extinguisher too, just in case).

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
They have lots of reasons - for fun, food, instinct, trophies to present to their favourite owners - the bigger the more impressive. If you tell them off they think it is not good enough and go and get you more :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Get a picture of a bird of prey and put it where it can see it, it might work

or failing that. . .

Feed it dry rice. . . . . then put a bowl of water out. . . . .

(not that I would condone such an action):angel:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Yep, 1 1/4 oz of no 6 should do it....
Don't know what its called in Portugal, but Section 5 authority seems a way to go, mincing round with shotguns is so out of fashion:shade:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
A lady at work had a cat which was a great hunter. One day it bit off more than it could chew when it leapt on a bird in the garden - it was a buzzard and the vet's bills for the cat were substantial!

We don't have problems with a cuckoo - it's woodpigeons that wake us up but I don't have a shotgun. They are incredibly stupid birds. One of our bird tables has a pyramid shaped slate roof and one of these woodpigeons could see the food on the table below but spent half an hour walking to each corner in turn trying to work out how to get at it.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Blu DL said:
They don't think it is for no reason though. When I got the kittens, one of the older cats took then under her wing and brought in birds and mice as training aids. She almost took on the role of mother cat teaching her young how to fend for themselves. My cats regularly bring stuff in. Pretty revolting, sometimes, but it is a sign of devotion when they show you how good they are at providing.

Anyway, chris, I have 4 cats you can borrow to catch it. :)

·
bored
2,308 Posts
A lady at work had a cat which was a great hunter. One day it bit off more than it could chew when it leapt on a bird in the garden - it was a buzzard and the vet's bills for the cat were substantial!

We don't have problems with a cuckoo - it's woodpigeons that wake us up but I don't have a shotgun. They are incredibly stupid birds. One of our bird tables has a pyramid shaped slate roof and one of these woodpigeons could see the food on the table below but spent half an hour walking to each corner in turn trying to work out how to get at it.
I was "adding to the peace and quiet" for my parents, and took two of these buggers out with one round from an air rifle last year. With the propensity of bird feeders in all the local gardens, we now have pigeons and doves that require CAA approval to take off and squirrels the size of kittens.
Oilseed field opposite my house had several hundred woodies in it the other day, surprised they left anything behind.

·
4,553 Posts
I have told this story before - but - we used to have a huge cat who we 'adopted' as a converted stray - slowly coaxing him into living inside the house with food. He was obviously a stray as he had a very tight collar around his neck - can only assume he'd grown into it - it was so tight he couldn't meeow properly. If you forgot to feed him, he would feed himself - with rabbits off the back fields - he'd kill full grown ones and eat everything ....but the ears (gross!):D:puke:

Reactions: 19696
1 - 20 of 33 Posts