YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered the Fuju F30 and housing and it will be here tomorrow....

In time for the .......

Red Sea liveaboard which is getting booked tomorrow.....

and....

I just officially registered as self employed. Now that is scarey. But now I am my own boss. Hooray.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

(and no doom mongering replies or I will cast a nasty spell on you)

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts

In time for the .......

and....

I just officially registered as self employed. Now that is scarey. But now I am my own boss. Hooray.

Well done :thumbsup:
Roll on the tax avoidance. Remember, it is everybody's right to avoid tax, just don't evade it :eek:

and equally exciting, yesterday I purchased some new 3mil gloves, a runtime table holder thing and a birthday present for a diving friend :p I also ordered a Vytec DS interface and wrist mount :D

So Vonny ......... tell me more about this liveaboard :teeth:

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Exciting times indeed!

Well done Vonny...

I've just registered self employed... aaaahhhhh, being your own boss!

Errr, how come then you can p1ss off on a liveaboard? I thought for the first few years being SE that you had to work, work, work?

I've gone and done it wrong, haven't I?

Pete:embarassed:

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good things come to those who wait Sixy. I have to wait 'til tomorrow to find out which boat and when...... Ah cannae wait!!!!!!

Warm clear water......mmmmmm

lots of pretty fishies...mmmmmmm

dodgy stomach.........m..eh?

·
Registered
118 Posts
the F30 is a great little camera, handles well, nice big screen on the back and good image quality. Very jealous you'll be using it in the Red Sea soon!!

Have a great trip
John

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts

In time for the .......

and....

PV,

Yes . it's great being your own boss until you ask yourself for some time off and find yourself saying "NO".

Hmmmm, if you work for yourself will sit on your own lap in a mini skirt and little stiletto ankle boots and ....................... oops, drifting off into fantasy world again! :embarrassed:

I'd be really interested in your opinion of the camera ............ particularly when you are back using it in UK waters.

Apparently ALL cameras of this type/size/price etc have flash problems - image burn out on macro?

All have an underwater setting to shift the colour balance but it works on the basis of clear blue water which we rarely get in the UK.

Also, they don't have a very wide angle setting.

Of course, for the money they are an excellent camera and the Fuji was the one I was looking at .............. until it became apparent that I wouldn't do much diving this year and I then put the purchase on hold.

Anyhow, I hope you won't mind if I quiz you about the camera on your return.

Rgds
Bryan

ps: No, honestly, don't worry about sending a postcard!

:)

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had Olympus MJUs and broken/flooded them etc and had my eye on a fuji for ages. I am not a good photographer, I just like taking pictures so the Fuji, which has good macro and also good in low light will do me fine. I am trying not to buy a strobe with it on offer for £125..........

And I am only partly self employed, I am also PAYE as a bank nurse and exam marker.... It's just most of my time is spent diving now so I can claim all my clobber and expenses agains tax (including the camera and perhaps the liveaboard if anyone wants to do a course...:teeth: )

Maybe the Inland Revenue will owe me some money by next year. Hee heee.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The work outing to T'Egypt is on hold now because they've got booked up with charters each weekend and need to be here!! :frown: BUT I've got excited and have a buddy who is also excited so we are looking at availabilities anyway ...

Availability on Blue Fin (Blue o2) and Typhoon (Tony Backhurst) are both reasonably priced so I'm looking at them. And the F3o is great and I want to take some pictures. The cat is sick of getting flashed and macro-ed while I practise with the settings :cat:

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
There was a space for a single female on Hurricane on 15th June, going on Simply the Best itinerary ....with some familliar faces on board....if interested, let me know & I'll find out if the space is still there.

Mal

·
Registered
666 Posts
Seems like you have the best of all worlds, a bit of stability from PAYE work, the benefits of being self employed in terms of working arrangements and I'm sure you'll have a very nice boss who lets you take all the time off to go diving that you want, after all, in my line of work we call that Continuing Professional Development! :wink:

And if HMRC don't end up owing you a refund then you're not offsetting enough expenses!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts