YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........keep their PM's? On many occasions someone will post a message "will so and so empty their box" as they need to PM them.
Since being involved in the RNLI fundraiser I have started a folder called the RNLI for pm's relevant to that subject. I also have a folder if I have planned to go on a YD gig and for correspondance on that.
The rest of the PM's get deleted on a weekly clear out. So what do other YD'ers do and why? Are you a hoarder and if so, why?, just empty when you need to, just empty now and again or do you have a routine?
I was undecided whether to start a poll but as I dont know how to I shall not bother. :)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I delete them when the box is getting full, or i get the email that says it is. Then i have to do a bit of a sort out. Most of them get deleted, but the ones i think i may need to refer to get saved as text files on the PC. :embarassed:

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scubee how do you save them into text files onto the PC?
And Alistair with that comment you are just daring people to fill your box with rubbish! Shall I or shan't I start the ball rolling? ;)

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
You can output the lot, there's a section on the bottom right.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
When mine fills up I just delete anything older than last week willy nilly and then realise that I have deleted phone numbers and important things that I needed to keep. I am totally disorganised these days.

:)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Scubee how do you save them into text files onto the PC?
Click on the checkbox in the header of each inbox, next to the number of messages, then select the relevant option in the droplist at the bottom.
There are 3 options for downloading: CSV, XML or text. I'd use text and XML

Highlight text, copy and then paste into notepad.
You are kidding, right? See above ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts