YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

How many posts have you logged?? - have you got more posts or dives?

• More dives than posts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More posts than dives

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi guys

the student life is hard, too much spare time!

just a little poll about posting and diving, which do you have more of?

dives for me (84)

chris

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

1304 dives. 946 posts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>wet and sticky? your talking about the wrong stuff!! maybe i sohuld have included 'skin diving' aka muff...

Chris

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

more dives than posts. but i am averaging about 1.5 posts per day, which is sadly more than dives  

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I have been a diver a lot longer than a poster - it won't be long, however, before the posts overtake the dives.  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Much as I'd like to lay claim to 1489 dives... Posts win

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Been diving nearly 14 years; just over 1500 dives; posts (2627) out-number my dives as, working on simple logic, like most divers (and I don't care how many dives you do a year), I spend more time out of the water than in it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hyperbaric @ Nov. 06 2003,22:28)]Does this include chamber dives, or just wet'n'sticky ones?
Some old RN diving regs
and it looks as though
you can claim a dive in the pot if you were acting
in a supervisory or medical capacity.
well that was 40 yrs ago.  

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

261 dives and not so many posts (wow 175)...now the weather is getting cold and the best diving starts....the dive:post ratio will improve....only because I'll be too bloody cold to turn the computer on.

Remember your three finger mitts  AND don't forget the BSAC Ice Diving course in the Alps (see planned trips).

Graham

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Imported post

More posts than dives (65th post vs 54th dive).  Then again, i enrolled on this board a few months before my first dive

Sadly if the weather continues the ratio of posts to dives is going to increase steadily until next spring.

Yet 2 more dives logged in vis where i couldnt read my computer clearly even with it touching my mask.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

String,

They're some the best dives...it makes a dive where theres' nothing worth seeing, apart from your computer and guage, a bit more interesting.

Buddy cold prevents my 262 dive tomorrow....and the missus won't let me go solo anymore...

Oh well, mulled wine and chestnuts tomorrow instead.

How many shopping days left to Christmas?

Graham

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ Nov. 08 2003,15:11)]

String,

They're some the best dives...it makes a dive where theres' nothing worth seeing, apart from your computer and guage, a bit more interesting.

Not sure how many 0530am starts and 225 mile round trips id for for conditions like that all the time though, particular as im getting absolutely soaked and cold every dive due to a tea-bag dry suit.
Well i admit the dives were useful, made me realise a few things with my kit setup needed changing, deploying my DSMB in zero vis and so on.  From now on the DSMB will be permanently clipped to my reel, the buddy line/tie off line on separate ring not wrapped round the handle etc.

Stuff i use in normal vis without problems like that was much more fiddly in the dark, zero vis when needed in a hurry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Imported post

cant seem to get diving much in the uk this year but post wise i do thousands a day ( postman ) HA HA !!!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

99 dives (god dammit, i said i would go to 6m and sit there for 5 mins to make 100 but they wouldnt let meeeeee *sob*) and onehundred and something posts.  Mind you, i have had 59 dives this year!  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

As much as I like to be able to say I've done 1930 dives to equal my postings, pesky things like work, social life, family and relationships seem to claim a lot of my time too... Now, if  you want to start totting up the amount of travelling hours involved in logging around 300 (mostly UK) dives, that's a more balanced comparison

1 - 20 of 28 Posts