YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

How much are your club Subs

2K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  Scuby 
#1 ·
How much is your yearly subs to your dive club and is it worth it?
Just cost no need to mention what club.
Thanks
Dave

#3 ·
50p or less.

Worth every penny.

Chris

#4 ·
YD.

cost nil.

value for money?

who can put a price on friends.

have recentley joined a club to do my idc.
cost was nil-but i did buy a bit of gear.
value?
time will tell.

#5 ·
£90

Nore than my last club which was ~£30.

No Club boat - recently sold due to engine being nicked and left sat in a feild for several years.

Club compressor (which we pay to obtain fills for seperately

Weekly pool sessions in a local pool (most of the money goes here.

The club organises the dives (committe) and if the spaces are not all filled the club pays the empty spaces, so it really benefits the needs of the more active club members.

I'm not convinced its valve for money but I persoanlly volunteered as Equipment Officer. Not much work but it does have its perks such as free air fills.

#11 ·
errr can't remember I think its £150 so it must be good value.

club has 2.5 boats compressor with free air for all members
nitrox at cheap prices

#19 ·
errr can't remember I think its £150 so it must be good value.

club has 2.5 boats compressor with free air for all members
nitrox at cheap prices
Hey numpty!
Branch fee is £85 inc. free air/O2 at 0.008p/l Two Ribs- a squidgy, club BC's and Dv's, a bar on a waterside location,,, and ME!
BS-AC fee's ontop 'cos I pay less than you! :teeth:

#12 ·
Not a member any more!
This year £27 from 2008 it will be £37.
Boat fee per person £1.50
Boat fuel fee about £3.5-4.5 per person
Equipment rent £1 per piece per day (BCD, Regulator, Cylinders)
No Compressor
No pool sessions during winter time.

It does worth the subscription. Local dive centers min. cost £20 per dive including equipment.

#13 · (Edited)
£180 PA inc BSAC paid on a £15 pm SO.

Two boats in the water ready to go anytime you can get enough victims together (current plans for weekends, two evenings a week and some weekdays), big clean fast free compressor, O2 at cost, normally two holidays a year (one cheap, one more exotic), lots of diving for all levels except when the weather is pants, free pool in the winter plus we train for those that want it.

#17 ·
£12 per month, incl. BSAC, CADSAC and Spot Club fees

1 hour pool per week for scba or swimming (open for family too)

7m inboard diesel rib - fuel cost shared for trip.

Club house with bar and training facilities

Training to BSAC Advanced incl, BSAC materials at cost

6 sets of new kit for use during training, small hire charge when trained

No Instructor expenses!

Compressor - £20 unlimited air.

#23 ·
BSAC fees plus , well plus nothing atchually

I always think one of the best value clubs if you can make use of the facilities is Ilfracombe BSAC £188pa [IIRC in BSAC fees] they have compresser 2 hard boats and a club RIB [different location each weekend] which are all free to club members so if you can manage to dive 1 weekend a month for 6 months it's £400 of boat charters and £100 of air for £140 club fees if you can dive 2 weekends a month you really are quids in

unfortunately they dive weekends and i don't get many of those free.

Dave

#24 ·
i find this amazing .you guys have it so low ,you must have a few hundred members in each club. i pay a whoping €500 that for fees, boat dives, air fills, all the training i want, insurance on upkeep of the boats, moorings, petrol,compressor and all the rest of the big hole that diving is.
and we got 60 active members in our club!

#28 ·
£25 pa + £7.50 pa to become a "social member" at a local boat/yacht club whose bar we use once a month for the club night.

The membership fee is basically to have access to our compressor for gas fills - there is nothing commercially available at the moment withing about 20 miles.

No training or boat ............ although I/we do arrange club charters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.