• £4+

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Our LDS charges £3 per fill reguardlles of the size of cylinder?
The propriator rang all the other shops in the area and recomended they did the same which they did!
Just thought it would be intresting to see the average cost of air fills
wack.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Depends, I have 300 7s, I can fill them for free at my club (but only up to 232) but if I have them filled to 232 at stoney it's £3 and to 300 it's £5.

Then of course we get into the Go Dive and Derby Divers free air and nitrox if I am over that way........  

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Well over here in NZ, its 6 dollars a fill..
Unless you purchase a dive fill card ( 20 fills ), then it drops to 5 dollars.
Ill let everyone do there own pound to dollar conversion
Steve

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Free from my local dive centre. My club has a contract with them. We pay them an annual fee of £215 + VAT and all our members get "free" fills.

·
My Nark is much worse that my Bite!
657 Posts
Imported post

The centre we passed our OW with last year, use a very noisy mobile comp which their not allowed to use in the shop. So it´s left in a trailer and taken 10km into the mountains when the tanks need filling.
The centre we use for fills [ while you wait ] charges 5.50€ either 12 or 15´s.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

£2.50 a fill or you can buy an air card that gets you 50 fills for £85 IIRC.

Peter

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Imported post

Free.....all included in the club fees. The club is based at a marina and we have never had an electricity bill for running the compressors anyway!

·
Another 'former member' who's 'resting'.
20 Posts
Imported post

I get mine filled for £1.50 down at my local spray shop and they are very polite and helpful and told me to bring my diving buddy's down and they will do some extra discount, hows that then?

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bethi @ April 10 2004,13:09)]mines free, mum pays
for everything!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

£2.50 from LDS for any size and pressure. If you’re getting a full size cylinder charger you can usually scrounge a pony fill for free.

As the dive shop manager is also a mate, I sometimes manage to get it all for free.

If your buying kit and get you cylinder charged as well, you usually get the fill for free.

Not a bad we shop!

/Colin.  

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

at my local dive shop for a 3 litre pony is £1 an air fill on a 12 litre is £2 on a 15 its £2 (which ive never understood)
and for a nitrox fill on on a 15lite its between £2.50 and £4 depends what mix is already in the bottle and how much o2 he has to add

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

I've put down free as its in the club fee's but thats actually £10 for the year. Which i think is quite good as i had about 80 plus pool air so would work out at about 120-130 fills.

We do Nitrox at £2 a fill, but i get a discount as i do the filling, which at £4 for 1-3 hours work a week is well below the minimum wage!!

Ahh i also get free diving as i tow the boat if that helps, and as Dive Marshall for about 50% of the dives i get to chose the dive site a lot of the time, very rarely the same one twice in a year.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
293 Posts
Imported post

My LDS charges £2.50 for 12s to 232 or £3 for 15s to 232. I have on occasion had free fills when buying some stuff but only if it retails for above £40. To his credit he does always do a good fill quite slowly with the cyl in a cold water bath unlike Capernwray or even worse Trearddur Bay which does some red hot fills and I don't mean good when I say red hot.

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

How much does it cost to have your twins done?
Divers Warehouse is £2 for singles and £2.50 for twins.
Cape is £3 for singles and £6 for twins.

It's not so bad when the twins are empty, but sometimes they are nearly half full so it's like paying double  

Ali """:)))

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

3 quid seems to be the going rate around here. There's a nice shop in Greenwich market that seems to do good fills (but only used them a couple of times) however parking is a bit of a problem.

Laters,
  Janos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts