·
I see fragged people
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Is Not A Happy Story

So, can anyone guess what happens when you take one perfectly good twinset:-

An all American pickup like this one:-

And UK's finest:-

**EDIT** this is some hill, somewhere in the uk, taken by someone, all copyright reserved to the owner of the image.

The answer is total carnage and some seriously screwed up twins:-

Kids always ensure you close the tailgate properly and secure your twins using lots or rope and stuff......

Thank god for the Custom Divers valve protector which saved the poor people behind us from being faced with my 230bar twin 12's coming at them any quicker!!!!

I have a feeling this may cost me a fair bit of £$£ gggggrrrrrr......

David

p.s. no people where killed in the cockup which was my weekend!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There Could Be More Costs Than You Think

:angry: How much cash and groveling do you think the copyright owner of the picture which incorrectly appears under Devon's Finest (it's a picture of Hambledon Hill very much in the middle of Dorset) should be entitled to extract from you ?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
:angry: How much cash and groveling do you think the copyright owner of the picture which incorrectly appears under Devon's Finest (it's a picture of Hambledon Hill very much in the middle of Dorset) should be entitled to extract from you ?
hopefully you are only taking the piss :)

otherwise get back under your bridge.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
hopefully you are only taking the piss :)

otherwise get back under your bridge.
I fear not. However seeing as no money is made from the use of the photo, no damages caused by it and it really is quite a minor thing to get worried over, I think the Billy Goats Gruff are safe. :D

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
The copyright is shown on the picture - no attempt has been made to claim it as anyone elses work. As can be seen from the image properties, it's full URL is http://www.dorset-ramblers.co.uk/images/Pictures September 2003 035.jpg

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
R. A. Wilkinson? Probably none as they are credited :rolleyes:

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
the photographer looks to have been credited anyways, and if the picture is not claimed to be taken or owned posters then I think there is no problem. free advertising?

now wheres billy goat gruff

·
246 Posts
A timely reminder to us all when transporting cylinders.
It looks like the valve protectors did the job, hopefully thats the extent of your damege. A bit of heat should allow these to be streightened though, dont write them off just yet.

Dont forget to take them off first though :)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Nice introduction and welcome to YD

I have the same problem with people lifting pictures from my site which is why I now include the (C) information in larger letters because it then provides a link back to my site. However, rather than go off on one, I send the people a polite email asking them to consider including a credit (if not apparent), if not I ask them to remove it politely. I don't go wading in!

Technically you are correct, permission should have been sought before the image is used. However, in the grand scheme of things...

Regards

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
devon - dorset all full of inbred ******** so an easy mistake to make. Who gives a monkeys about a hill, look at the poor twinset, now thats a crying shame. Teach you not to make sure the tailgates not closed properly.

Eddy, i promise thats not me, i'm only gutted i didn't think of it.:)

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
he could of cropped off the name if he wanted to steal it.

I bet he could still get permission if he wanted or hasnt allready got it.

I dont think the owner is going to worry to much is he :)

David

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well, it is a rather nice photo. If I had taken it, i think i would be rather impressed that I had managed to take such a reasonable pic.

Sadly, at the moment, my best pics are rahter boring ones of kittens doing all sorts of things. Like standing up to do things most cats sort of squat to do. :embarassed:

Anyway, shame about the twinset. Were regs still attached? Sadly (and probably very naughtily) i leave my whole rig together until I get round to rinsing it all down, which mens it is often loaded with regs on.

·
I see fragged people
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't be a tool all your life whatasurprise the picture was used to show "a hill" - i googled the image and left the copyright on it inc the dudes name. If the owner didnt want to to be reused then it should have been protected and a clear statement on the owners site should have asked for it not to be.

whatasurprise aka i'm a noob how wants to fling some sh1t and p1ss people off. Why dont you get off this forum before you get banned.

Eddy

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Technically you are correct, permission should have been sought before the image is used. However, in the grand scheme of things...
Do you need permission to link to an image? It's a bit of a grey area. He hasn't actually copied anything, just linked to a picture on another website. If you don't want people linking to your images, it's not that difficult to block.

Jason

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
devon - dorset all full of inbred ********
Right Mr Fox outside now:angry:
I'm gunna make you squeal like a piggy:teeth:

Dave

p.s looks a bit more like Hod hill than Hambledon to me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts