YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, would like to share my tale of woe.

Started my Kiss Mod1 on Easter Monday at Capernwray, so we were a little unsure about weighting and took a few extra blocks down to the waters edge, just in case. Luckily neither my buddy or I required extra so the blocks were left on the rocks to the right hand side of the gravel slope next to the jetty. Following our first dive, joy and ellation turned to mild frustration when we found all four blocks had been removed, I even checked with the desk the next day, but no they had not been looked after by some good samaritan:(

Now in a week when you pass your Mod1 training, there's nothing to complain about, but I'm frustrated in the fact that Capernwray is only used by divers, so I cannot blame anyone from the non-diving community for this.

You have been warned.

PS, did I mention Mod1 Kiss, yipeeeeeee:)

Reactions: Dave Crampton

·
Registered
759 Posts
Grrr, :angry: there is a similar thread just started, oh an well done for passing :teeth:

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Well done to both you and Charlie,

I'm sure you'll have lots of great dives to look forward to. Congratulations. Waht was the vis in Waswater like? I love diving in there.

I see you unit is ~27 older than Charlie's. Does yours have the separate pod displays. He doesn't rate the new VR3 case ones I hear.

Dave C

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
We did a night dive there the other week (1st one of the year) and my buddy decided to not to take in his Narked at 60 pouch, and as I had already locked the car he decided to hide it behind one of the concrete slabs. On our return it was gone!
Scumbags!!!

Ali

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
I was there Bank Holiday Monday for a couple of dives and it was really quiet there. I am disapointed to hear that shit bags are now helping themselves to other divers kit at Capers as its always had a good reputation for that sort of behaviour not happening.
I was parked near portacabin on concrete thing and was pissed off to come back from SI to find that people parked next to us and away from concrete had moved my dry suit so they could put their dive kit there but left the neck open to the elements so rain got into suit. Then on our return from finishing the dive knackered and just wanting to de kit they had their gear spread about so we had to wait until they cleared off for their dive. There was already 5 of us divers using that area so space was very limited.

To whoever that couple was OI if you want that spot then bloody get there earlier!!

·
Wannabe Lotto Jackpot Winner..!
941 Posts
Well done Mark bet ya both well chuffed. What depth did you do over wast?

Shame about the lead though... :angry:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Grrr, :angry: there is a similar thread just started, oh an well done for passing :teeth:
Just looking at the new posts, and realised, I was angry at your weights getting stolen not the similar threads! :teeth:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts