YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Just thought I'd say hello.

My dive got cancelled today and yesterday, so I have been surfing virtual dive sites all day

I am usually on scubaboard when I fancy a good scuba rant but my mate Paul told me to go here and have a look. seems like a very cool chat board so far. Though a lot of deco diving stuff and I am only a mere no-deco PADI diving instructor and BSAC dive leader.  

My DIR-F manual should be arriving in the post shortly thanks to all the ramblings on about it over on the scubaboard. I figured I'd have a read. See what it's all about.

Looking forward to getting to know this board a bit better. Fewer members and so far seems a little more sophisticated than the other. ;) No offense though!

I live and study (PhD in ecology) in Bermuda, am Bermudian but also British. Spent most of my life in Blighty. I've been to Yorkshire and the city of York!! But alas have never dived around those parts or the rest of the British Isles. I have yet to brave dry suit diving though that is on my list of things to do before I die!  I was living and going to Uni in Manchester just before I came out here (1997-2000). I've been diving on the Great Barrier Reef, in the Red Sea, the Maldives, Dominican Republic and Bermuda.

I became an Open Water Instructor last year and so far teach friends and family for free. I also teach PADI Bubblemaker and Sealteam courses as part of an after school's program here and have taught Junior Open Water courses for an environmental summer camp for kids.

Enough of me now.... am going to delve in here and find out about you lot.  

But first.... how do I put my own pic on my profile? I don't  understand why I can't upload one like you can for the avatars? Let me know if possible. K? Tanks.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Lizard,

Welcome to YD mate. I'm in/from Manchester, so where did you stay when you were at Uni??

Bermuda - nice (though expesnsive) part of the world mate. How's it for wrecks - I've heard mixed (good and not so good) reports.

Regarding using your own picture, email the one you want to use to Heads Up (one of the site's co-owners) and he'll do the necessary for ya.

Cheers,

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

welcome to YD, you will find a far superior level of banter and repartee on here and lots of fun people who actually go diving.
YD is getting more international every day!
jules:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts