YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday 22 May was a lovely day unlike the past few.

Arrived nice and early at Brighton, stowed my gear on Channel Diver and met Howard.

Hadn't seen Howard for a couple of years but we decided to buddy up for the dive on the Moldavia last Tuesday. Howard's on a Classic, I'm on a Vision.

We are the 1st pair in and all is going "swimmingly" well until we stick our heads underwater. Bit of a mistake that was, we should have just swam about on the surface enjoying the sunshine!

The vis is pretty awful with big bits of goop floating by. 3m on the wreck.

We got down to the wreck (49m) and head inside fairly swiftly where the vis was much better. We wander around various passageways carefully avoiding silting things up, great fins up action by Howard and encounter lobsters and a free swimming conger. After you, sir!

I wish I could tell you about the shoals of bib and pollock but the vis was so bad (for the Mole) that we didn't see any.

We did however have a really good explore of many parts of the inside of the Moldavia and both really enjoyed our dive making the most of the poor conditions.

Howard did his longest CCR dive (2 hrs, 13 mins) and we had a problem free time in every way. No equipment problems, no separation , no unwelcome bleeping from our units.

Howard, it was a pleasure diving with you at long last!

Charliet

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
I dread to think how much he had to bung you to write that trip report :D

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts

Arrived nice and early at Brighton, stowed my gear on Channel Diver and met Howard.

Hadn't seen Howard for a couple of years but we decided to buddy up for the dive on the Moldavia last Tuesday. Howard's on a Classic, I'm on a Vision.

We are the 1st pair in and all is going "swimmingly" well until we stick our heads underwater. Bit of a mistake that was, we should have just swam about on the surface enjoying the sunshine!

The vis is pretty awful with big bits of goop floating by. 3m on the wreck.

We got down to the wreck (49m) and head inside fairly swiftly where the vis was much better. We wander around various passageways carefully avoiding silting things up, great fins up action by Howard and encounter lobsters and a free swimming conger. After you, sir!

I wish I could tell you about the shoals of bib and pollock but the vis was so bad (for the Mole) that we didn't see any.

We did however have a really good explore of many parts of the inside of the Moldavia and both really enjoyed our dive making the most of the poor conditions.

Howard did his longest CCR dive (2 hrs, 13 mins) and we had a problem free time in every way. No equipment problems, no separation , no unwelcome bleeping from our units.

Charliet

Are you absolutely sure it was Howie, you didnt get sepaerated on the shot and buddy someone else up did you.

See it's the fins up and 2hr 13mins bit I just dont trust, furthermore if there was no poking of Congers I am convince it wasnt Howie.

Matt

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Well, obviously his buddy survived too, but did everyone on the boat have all of their kit when they left?

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
You forgot to mention the "slight dampness problem" though? :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you absolutely sure it was Howie, you didnt get sepaerated on the shot and buddy someone else up did you.

See it's the fins up and 2hr 13mins bit I just dont trust, furthermore if there was no poking of Congers I am convince it wasnt Howie.

Matt
He did look a bit anxious when we had 65 mins TTS!

To be fair he was as good as gold.

Better than my last buddy on the last Moldavia dive who had endless probs with his mask and then disapeared on me (27 March 2007).

Charlie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Matt
Who else would wear a multi-coloured Otter drysuit and a Batman hood, for goodness sakes!

It was defo El Dud, for sure. It said Dud on his stages in big black letters.

Charlie

·
Guru
7,112 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
I herd he had to stay flat an level so the piss didnt run into his boots :D

ATB

Mark Chase

Reactions: Buoyant Babe

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts

Charliet
:thumbsup: Nice one Dude :girlhug:
When do we see the pics from the party :p

Oh yeah, check out "Beyond the Blue" (is that right?) Winter 2006. Cave diving special with an article on CCR Cave Diving training :)

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Great write up Charlie!

Sounds like you both made the most of that dive!

I'm rather fond of the Mol, but was in sunny Florida (not diving :frown: ) so will have to wait for a sneaky midweeker later this year!

Roll on the summer!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It made a change to dive with a decent buddy for a change instead of the usual tossers l end up with :D
AND they enjoy dropping you in it:redface:

Come on our Frog trips next year, we'll look after you.

A beautiful woman called Serena will pay you attention (if I pay her enough)

Spare undersuit can be provided at no extra charge (I'll lend you a nappy)

Charlie

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
AND they enjoy dropping you in it:redface:

Come on our Frog trips next year, we'll look after you.

A beautiful woman called Serena will pay you attention (if I pay her enough)

Spare undersuit can be provided at no extra charge (I'll lend you a nappy)

Charlie

Change the Leopold trip not to clash with my daughters birthday (13th July) and ill be there.

ATB

Mark Chase

Reactions: Diving Dude
1 - 20 of 30 Posts