YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello YD guys and girls.  Im yet another who has been 'infected' by the diving bug (a year ago) and have to date 30 dives to my name; and i fear there is no cure
.  Currently studying electronics at leeds university (3 guesses on where that student loan went
), and a member of its BSAC dive club.   However my secondary base of operations during vacation periods is back home in good o' Canterbury. Well where ever I may be im always looking to get away and have a 'relaxing' day(s) diving

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi there Steve and welcome to the divers forum. A very good reference for most of your diving queries & a great place to meet other insane persons of a wet disposition.

Leeds is that north of the M5?

gareth  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in Steve mate,

Welcome to YD! You've seen the play now enjoy your day and get in amongst it here. If we can help, we will. Invite yourself on any of the dives you see posted.

Cheers,

Bren.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Southern ElitE Diving Section ( SEEDS ) of the YD site , but seeing that ya at uni in Leeds can also make you a member of Northerns Elderly Retired Divers Society ( NERDS )

Glad to see ya home town is Canterbury, my mate Paul Oliver whose name you will see in these threads is the Diving Officer at Canterbury Divers ( BSAC ), it may be worth chatting to him when he comes here and says hello.

Paul & I both dive out of Dover using a wide range of boats , so if you want phone numbers etc ,,, contact one or both of us , if you ever wanna dive in the channel.

Andy

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Nov. 21 2003,20:41)]Welcome to the Southern ElitE Diving Section ( SEEDS )
Andy, shouldn't that be the Southern Offshore Diving Section ?

Just a thought....

Welcome on board Steve

Tom

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yeah should be Tom  lol
      what would that make the monkeys ,   Quarries Under Errrrr Edinbriughs Ropey Scotland    QUEERS  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Steve

Welcome, i suspect we may have spoken before, did you get my e-mail off here?

Always welcome out with us, did you meet any of Canterbury Divers at the dive show?

As Andy said we are out of Dover lots.

Tom - Yeah i like SODS, at least its got the important Offshore bit in it. Then again i'm teaching in a damn lake again this weekend

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>That makes you    SOLD   Paul mate  ,,,,,,   Salty Old Lake Diver

God i'm on form tonight ..

Andy  ( GOD )  General Offshore Diver

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the forum :))

moray

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Well I won't add to the acronyms  

Also a southern gent, well south west.  But not North and that's the main thing  

Welcome, get in and enjoy.

Daz

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hay Andy where'd you get the extra E, I know don't tell me of some geezer in the ruba dub.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

lol thanks for the warm welcome guys, I can see this is going to be interesting to say the least
. Well quite ill have no offiliation to any such northern diving group Andy
. Yeh SEEDS, damn right, im liking that.

Yes, thanks Paul I did manage to get a quick chat in with John on the kent Tooling stand in between my attendance to lectures (force of habit i guess
).  First dive show I been to and thoroughly enjoyed it, good stuff.    

Cheers
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts