YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's not so grim up North
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a Humax PVR9200T after reading good reviews and I'm very pleased with it but I thought I'd look at getting a Top Up TV subscription to give me a few extra channels. However, even though the Humax has the appropriate slot, Top Up TV have changed their marketing strategy and decided that if you want their service, you have to buy one of their PVR units :angry:

As I'm happy with my Humax, does anyone know if there is any other way of getting any additional channels on Freeview - legally of course :)

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
I used to own the Humax Digibox and I paid my £7.99 subscription to TopUp TV, and if honest thought it was a waste of money! (In my opinion only - of course!) So when I moved last September I cancelled the subscription. I found I still only watched the channels that were on Freeview rather than the additional ones, but of course this is personal preference!! :wink:

With regards to your other queries I've not heard of any "cheat" to get more channels. One gripe I had was my daughter loves ABC1, which you get with Freeview, but it stops at 6.00pm.

If you've only just bought the Humax box, was it advertised as being able to accept TopUp TV? If so, and this is in fact incorrect, I think you have a right to a full refund because the box does not do the job it was intended for? That way you 'could' then go out and buy the box TopUp TV sell?

·
It's not so grim up North
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I've only just bought the Humax and, to be honest, I'd prefer to keep it anyway rather than getting the much lower spec Top Up TV box. I just think it's short sighted of them to insist that anyone wanting to subscribe to their service needs to buy another PVR when a lot of people already own one :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts