YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the first 3 weeks of my new globe trotting job (well nigeria i think) is going to be spent on a course at Humberside airport. I think it starts 11th June and will be easy 9am till 4pm days, then home for the weekends unless something crops up.

Is there any evening dives down there and more importantly is there anyone to dive with. if there is i'll bring my kit down as im going to need something to do to stay out the pub and give me something to look forward to as im being bored outta my skull in a classroom all day.

Im PADI AOW with 92 dives so far with the majority done either in the Sea Lochs or East coast.

Cheers

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you but I suspect you will be spending some time in the pub, Humberside airport is about 30 mins away from my house, The nearest inland site is eight acre lake at North Cave (near Hull) they do evening dives, but if i remember correctly they need booking from a minimum number of divers, max depth is only about 14 mtrs though.
look here: UK Diving Places to Dive

Shore diving does not really exist along the coast below the humber estuary, the nearest place for shore divin g is Flamborough Head just above Bridlington, there you have a choice of sites, mainly, North Landing & Thornwick bay however access to both involves a very steep trek carrying all you kit, also the viz does not really clear well of the East Coast till late June, Flamborough Head needs a period of good weather (little wind) to clear.

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
give us a pm when you get down here gareth .
we in lincolnshire often have trips to scotland for a bit of diving.
or wales.
or the south coast.

·
Go in deep and come out wet
731 Posts
8 acre lake does night dives on a thursday evening - minimum 6 divers iirc.

I know a few of our lads are hoping to get up there this thursday so you would probably at least get a couple of dives in.

I was there about 3 weeks ago and it was a very pleasant evening dive.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Night dives

Is there any evening dives down there and more importantly is there anyone to dive with. if there is i'll bring my kit down as im going to need something to do to stay out the pub and give me something to look forward to as im being bored outta my skull in a classroom all day.
1. 8 Acre Lakes - max depth 14-15m
Just off the A63/M62

2. Blue Lagoon - max depth 8-10m
Just off J34 of the M62

3. Covenham Reservoir - not sure of the depth
Near Louth

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
1. 8 Acre Lakes - max depth 14-15m
Just off the A63/M62

2. Blue Lagoon - max depth 8-10m
Just off J34 of the M62

3. Covenham Reservoir - not sure of the depth
Near Louth
or a 2 hour trip to stoney cove!!!!

the pub might be a better option looking at what you are used to diving!!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Covenham nah i'd rather sit in a small cupboard with tight shoes on.
Blue Lagoon is OK but shallow
8 Acre is your closest about 25 min drive from the airport.
PM me if you like i only live 20 Mins from the airport and working shifts i'd be up for an evening Dive at any of the mentioned locations except Covenham.:angel:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers all due to a slight change of plan my course has changed from humberside to Texas yeehah

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Texas landlocked? Never heard the country & western song about Galveston? I think you'll find thats on the Gulf coast.

Humberside has an airport? :eek:

Kev. :)
Yes and its pretty busy now too

·
Registered
679 Posts
Except last year they were going to fly to Sharm and then changed thier minds at the last minute.:frown: I was gutted 15 Mins Drive, Plane 5 Hours Sharm in less than 8 hours total door to door.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
And

:frown:
Except last year they were going to fly to Sharm and then changed thier minds at the last minute.:frown: I was gutted 15 Mins Drive, Plane 5 Hours Sharm in less than 8 hours total door to door.
Ditto my reaction to no Sharm flights from Doncaster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts