YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,828 Posts
Imported post

Oh well, no worries - I'm in correspondance from a bloke in some other country who's got millions of govt. money he'll be putting into my account soon...

· Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,904 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Jan. 14 2004,08:11)]Euro-Afro Asian Sweepstake Lottery

I have just won £2.5M in the lottery.  I'm rich

Fiona
If you by an Inspiration/Evolution and don't like it - can I have it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.  

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have just heard back from them.  I now need to send the following and book my plane ticket.

Congratulations on your winning.
You are required to forward the following details to help facilitate the
processing of your certificate and the release of your winnings.
1. Full names.
2. Residential address.
3. Phone number.

4.A scanned identification of yourself sent via email

South Africa here I come.  

Fiona

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Jan. 14 2004,08:11)]I have just won £2.5M in the lottery.  I'm rich

And I bet all you have to do to claim your prize is forward your bank details to Mr Tarquin Fintimlinbinwhinbimlim Bus Stop F'tang  F'tang Ole  Biscuit-Barrel, and he'll deposit the dosh to your account

Doh! Fi replied while I was typing this, I take it this is a wind up?

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Jan. 14 2004,10:13)]Is this a wind-up, or have to just come into a bundle of cash for real??? ??
<font color='#0000FF'>Bren

Would I really still be sat here if I had, you wouldn't see me for dust.  

Fiona

Was going to see how far you get before having to send bank details though.  

FB

· Duvet Diver
1,821 Posts
Imported post

I wonder if these people would notice if you gave them the bank details for a local authority (available on your council tax payment book), and then Photoshop'ed (photo chop as some of my friends like to call it) up some ID?

These people obviously don't realise that to win a lottery you need to have entered it?

Simon A

· Street Cleansing Operative
4,348 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Jan. 14 2004,11:28)]Was going to see how far you get before having to send bank details though.  
<font color='#000080'>I presume you're joking about that, too? Even just to see how far it goes, don't be sending those details, as incongruous as they seem. They will prove very useful for a number of other scams I can think of - in fact the whole thing might be designed just to get that information.

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Jan. 14 2004,13:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Jan. 14 2004,11:28)]Was going to see how far you get before having to send bank details though.  
I presume you're joking about that, too? Even just to see how far it goes, don't be sending those details, as incongruous as they seem. They will prove very useful for a number of other scams I can think of - in fact the whole thing might be designed just to get that information.
<font color='#0000FF'>I wasn't actually going to use my real address.  
 just interested to see how these things work.  Probably going to make one up or use work address

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Imported post

Well, all you cynics. I recieved a mail from a Mr Umbungo- Umbungo De-Cungo about 6 months ago. After 3 or 4 E-mails he deposited £16.9mil in my bank account, no problems.

You lot should be more trusting!
Peter

· Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>we got one of these a work a couple of years ago some guy in nigeria was going to deposit a load of money in one of our accounts we knew it was a con but wanted to see how far it would go. we ended up phoning him and when the phone bill arrived it had cost £35.00 per min
luckily it was works telephone we used

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.