YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else on YD got one of these groovy little Nintendo devices?

I have an XB360 which I got last year, and I play now and again.

However, I got given a Wii yesterday (Not stolen I hasten to add, but a freebie which was nice) and I have to say I'm impressed.

So the graphics aren't HD but the playability of the unit is addictive. For those of you who don't know, you play it by moving around. So if you've bunged in the bundled 'Wii Sports' and are playing tennis, you hit the ball as you would do normally - the 'wiimote' unit vibrates when you hit it like it's hit the ball, and it makes a noise. Ten Pin bowling is virtually the same as when you're in the bowling alley - and it's all dependent on speed and force - so the faster you bowl, and when you let go of the ball (by releasing the trigger) it does different things. It also knows the rotation of the handset so you can put spin on things!

I spent a couple of hours with the missus playing Wii Sports on it last night and it was a complete laugh!

Plus it has Wi-Fi built in so if you have a wireless LAN you can surf the net on it as it has an Opera browser on it - even Youtube and YD works on it perfectly.

So I'm impressed.

And if anyone else has one - what games would you recommend?

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
aye

i played on my bro-in-laws at xmas time and i was suitably impressed- wouldnt mind one even if it was jsut for wii sports - zelda was a bloody good game aswell!. Wii sports was excellent - i hurt so much the next day from playing golf for hours! Still want me an xbox360 though. Anyone got one going spare?:)

Keith

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of of getting one. I think it would work a treat hooked up to my projector. The only problem being my head getting in the way. I'll soon be able to sort that out. I have been looking at spiderman 3 for it That as an interactive game on the wii could be great shooting of web all over the place.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been toying with the idea of of getting one. I think it would work a treat hooked up to my projector. The only problem being my head getting in the way. I'll soon be able to sort that out. I have been looking at spiderman 3 for it That as an interactive game on the wii could be great shooting of web all over the place.
Only thing that might be interesting is that the Wii uses a little infra-red bar as part of it's sensor system, and it needs to sit dead centre of the top or the underneath of your TV.

It might take a bit of fiddling around with the sensor to get it working OK.

I've got it stuck nicely to the top of my 42" plasma and it works a treat! I'm just needing to get the component cable for it as it does 480p on my HD TV. (Not HD, but progressive anyway!)

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Only thing that might be interesting is that the Wii uses a little infra-red bar as part of it's sensor system, and it needs to sit dead centre of the top or the underneath of your TV.

It might take a bit of fiddling around with the sensor to get it working OK.

I've got it stuck nicely to the top of my 42" plasma and it works a treat! I'm just needing to get the component cable for it as it does 480p on my HD TV. (Not HD, but progressive anyway!)
I thought about the sensor. I'll just hang it on the bottom of the screen :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.