YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went diving off Chesil Beach today on what was my 2nd single cylinder dive for 8 years!

Blimey, the kit weighed next to nothing and was so simple and faff free i might have to do it again next year :D

anyway, i'm suffering motivation problems in getting back in the water, so today was the day to get my backside in gear. . . . .

Dusted off the old BCD and literally drowned the spiders with the hosepipe. Amazingly the jacket held air, which was a result as i didn't want to dust off the old Fenzy ;)

I took some piccies with my sons crappy camera he got for Xmas. Vivitar | Vivitar ViviCam 5399 Digital Camera | 5399 | B&H Photo

Don't buy one. They are shite, but it also convinced me not to invest in any type of camera packagefor me :D

So, here you go - a few piccies of crabby thingy's and long squidgy thingy's. They are all out of focus :D

Vis was 5-6 metres:

Crabby thingy

Squidgy thingy. The little turd wouldn't even sit still for me :D

anyway, max depth 7.5 metres, time 30 mins

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
i dived a single cylinder all weekend - it was great! :)

i even used a BCD not my single wing. I thought that seeing as it is an APEKS that has been recalled, it would be a poor show if it fell to peices when i was teaching. I was also surprised that my DUI didn't spontaneously combust when it was festooned with a BCD :D

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
its soooo nice to dive with a single.... light, uncomplicated and light!

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't at the Cove. It resembled Stoney Cove with all the people there!! I parked in the Chesil Cafe car park on the causeway with the intention of diving the Royal Adelaide, but i felt the current was too strong for me to venture out that far

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has anyone got a pic of the Spidge Queen in his single tank setup :D

I think your eel could be a butter fish, and I agree ye pics are crap.

Thanks for the trip report Ken
Not from yesterday, but this was last years effort. I had to use Scimitars shot weight to get me down. It didn't take long for me to hit the seabed :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts