YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Since I began diving I have always been on the lookout for a brass porthole.  Don't know why, just always wanted one.

Anyway it suddenly occurred to me the other day, that there are many stories of people recovering portholes (especially in the easy to get to depths) and subsequently there is probably not too many around.  

However I have yet to hear of anyone recovering a Starboardhole  
  Now I reckon there must be loads just waiting to be recovered,   I would expect most ships to have as many starboardholes as portholes.  

So is this a flyer,  maybe a whole new niche in the market  

Daz

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>And so it comes to this!...... Oh bu99er... and i`m posting a reply!

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Don’t be silly they ran out of starboard holes in the late 70's that’s why we are all after Port holes. Mind you they are in pretty short supply so I would start looking for Bow Holes. I often see these abbreviated as Bow’els and they are obviously deeper down on the wrecks as they are usually referred to as:

deep in the ships bowels

So obviously the ships bow holes are found on the deepest part of the wrecks.

Sooooooooooo

If any body sees me with my computer arm stuck in the mud under the ship, I am not a sad git attempting to log the maximum available depth for the dive, I am quite obviously looking for a Bow Hole  

ATB

Mark Chase

WARNING: Inserting your arm into a bow hole may be illegal in some parts of the British Isles. Mind you I am reasonably confident its OK in Wales

·
Finally not a new member
270 Posts
Imported post

Wow cracking idea starboard holes.  Been looking through my boys annual of shipping though and cant see where a starboard hole would be on a boat. If they are in short supply it sounds a real good business deal for me to invest into. mail me details.  

Looking to invest heavily once the $30m my Nigerean mate has offered to send to me finally arrives.  Seems to be taking a while though, but guess just have to wait a few more days.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I once worked in a sh!t hole and I know some people who are ar5e holes.

Does that help at all.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

toilet humour:
i spent last night( twenty mins) with my arm round the s-bend looking for a blockage didn't find any portholes or starboard ones but i did find the blockage electric tooth brush!

the question is this can i log it as bottom time ?
i used a snorkel and mask  

pardon the punns

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Neal @ Jan. 23 2004,09:41)]toilet humour:
i spent last night( twenty mins) with my arm round the s-bend looking for a blockage didn't find any portholes or starboard ones but i did find the blockage electric tooth brush!

the question is this can i log it as bottom time ?
i used a snorkel and mask  

pardon the punns
Don't know about bottom time!  But would definitely recommend throwing the toothbrush away.

Alternatively give it to someone you don't like as a present  

Daz

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Had to unblock one my self the other day 3ft long blockage the house holder blamed it on his daughters. I recon he ought to chop them up smaller.

Mind you have you seen what plumbers do with clients tooth brushes.  

1 - 12 of 12 Posts