YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hey guys,

i did a silly thing.  I saw a computer for sale on ebay at a very good price -it was more or less what i wanted and i could afford - a suunto solution nitrox, a nice basic nitrox computer to get me started.  However, i managed to murder it in 4 dives and conseqently have wasted £140 on this frigging lump of plastic.  I returned from scapa to find it permanently on, thinking it was at 99m for 715 mins.  I posted it off to suunto who phoned to say i had killed it.  Bugger.  They have, however, given me a good deal on a new vytec which will do everything i want and more.  SO for the cash i have spent on computers, i could have gone out and got a vytec in the first place.  
 god dammit.  Never buy anything important and expensive off ebay.  Ever.  If i find out that this thing has been buggered about with by the previous owner, or has been repaired, i will stick it up someones bum.  probably the bloke i got it off.
So hooray for suunto
And up yours to the guy i got it from.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Caveat emptor. I would be very annoyed if I were the seller and had never had any reason to suspect and then suddenly get someone coming back telling me it's knackered.

Get the Vytec, and I'm amazed you spent that much on a secondhand computer, thought judgin by the date it's from back a while now. Apeks Quantum or Suunto Gekko will do the job nicely for some time.

Digs.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Gee Digs, must be bored if going back a year and month old post! WOnder now if Porg has moved on to another puter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts