YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I just borrowed my mums nice new dyson (cos our hoover is nearly as old as me and i can suck harder than it can...ahem).

Anyhow, there was me using the long hose to suck up the big spider that has been lurking in the corner of my bedroom when a strange burning smell comes wafting up.  I turn around to find the dyson chewing up a sock!  I didnt know the brushes still turned when you use the hose!  I have broken the belt - are these cheap or will i have to plead for mercy to the bank manager?

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I think the best thing about Dysons are that virtually all the parts are available as spares. Contact them and they'll send the bits out. I doubt it will be too expensive.

Now tell me again - and be honest this time - what were you trying to suck up with the long hose?  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

You can just walk into Comet/Dixons and buy a new belt for about a fiver. Unless, of course, that burning smell was the motor burning out! Then you're Donald Ducked, and Mr Dyson goes "Ker-ching".

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phil Ennis @ Jan. 11 2004,18:51)]What's a hoover?  (single)  
<font color='#000080'>its one of those things that you stick your willy in when you are feeling a bit.........well...........warm under the collar!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Cold water
?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Jan. 11 2004,19:12)]
[b said:
its one of those things that you stick your willy in when you are feeling a bit.........well...........warm under the collar!
A Woman

Peter

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Jan. 11 2004,20:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Jan. 11 2004,19:12)]
[b said:
its one of those things that you stick your willy in when you are feeling a bit.........well...........warm under the collar!
A Woman

Peter
No M8 a hoover is practicle, cheep to run, sucks like a sperm whale gasping for breath and it cleens the house. Absolutly nothing like any woman I have ever known  

ATB

Mark  (sooon to be divorced if she reads this) Chase

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Why a vibrator is better than a man:

It doesent make you sleep in the wet patch
It doesent get tired
You can switch it off
It doesent snore
If you dont like it, you can throw it away and get a new one with no problems.
It doesent fart, drop pubes in the bath or on the soap or leave the toilet seat up.

Oh yeah, and i thought some of you lot preferred sheep to women??

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Reminds me of the time that there was an AMerican standup at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

The Yank walks on stage to a room full of Scots.
"So - I hear you fellas shag sheep?"

Chap in the audience shouts out: "No - that's Wales"

Yank replies: "Bloody hell you must be strong swimmers"

Laters,
   Janos

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>to quote billy connolly:

they take sheep shagging very seriously in scotland - you can get wee bras and suspenders for them.  Apparently you take them to the edge of a cliff, they push back better.......

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Porg,

If it's new it's covered by the manufacturers warranty. The swivel joint on my dyson brush (motorhead, same as your mum's I think) broke after 2 months. Called up, they apologies, had a new one FOC within 7 days - didn't even have to send the old one back.

Top notch!

Call 08705 275 104 and quote the serial number

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

After taking my dyson apart and not being able to put it back together again I got the little dyson man out.  The model dyson I have you cannot just change the belt.  It is the whole unit at the bottom that needs replacing (which they did under warrenty!)

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>i took it apart, and i took the old snapped belt out, and can see how you put the new one in.  Maybe it was a different model.  I have ordered a pack of new ones and they should arrive tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts