YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is it - but I warn you, you're going to have to suspend disbelief for a moment.

A friend got me a £40 voucher from my local dive shop for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I popped into the shop today with the voucher in my pocket . . . . . and couldn't find anything to buy!

I mean it! It seems that I've now got all the dive kit I either want or need. I'm happy with everything I've got, nothing needs upgrading and I can't think of anything that I lack. So, I'm left with two choices. Either I keep hold of the voucher until such time as I break something and need to replace it, or I get you guys to come up with some ideas.

So come on - suggestions please. What do you buy from a dive shop with £40 - for the diver who has everything?

G

·
Okay, so this is it - but I warn you, you're going to have to suspend disbelief for a moment.

A friend got me a £40 voucher from my local dive shop for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I popped into the shop today with the voucher in my pocket . . . . . and couldn't find anything to buy!

I mean it! It seems that I've now got all the dive kit I either want or need. I'm happy with everything I've got, nothing needs upgrading and I can't think of anything that I lack. So, I'm left with two choices. Either I keep hold of the voucher until such time as I break something and need to replace it, or I get you guys to come up with some ideas.

So come on - suggestions please. What do you buy from a dive shop with £40 - for the diver who has everything?
What on earth can I suggest for a rich, flash git? ;)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
How about an Air Fill voucher? Some places do a 'pre buy 10 and get 2 free' or something.

you always need air. Then you can think of your friend each time you go using one of your fills.

Oh... Oh.... I have just had an even better idea.

Our club membership is only £24... joint is £40 :angel:

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Get some new gloves - they wear out every year and so you will need them sooner or later.

Chris

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Air fills have been specifically prohibited - and besides I want to buy something I can keep. Gloves is a decent idea but I have some on standby already, and again I want something more durable.

What I was hoping for were suggestions of something unusual. Those odd bits of kit you've come across somewhere that you'd never seen or considered before but have found really handy - something I didn't realise I didn't have.

PS - Nice try Fiona! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.