YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come and today I found out my results from 3 years at university plus the foundation year prior to that!

Im extremely proud that I got a 2:2 with hons in Fine Art, which probably wont get me too far but at the end of the day its a degree.

A proud Amy,
x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A proud Amy,
x
And so you should be hun, I'm very pleased for you, just make sure that you choose your first real job carefully, and make sure it's something you want to do, and not just take the first thing that's offered.
that's the difference between Jobs and Men, Jobs last longer !!!!!!!!!! :embarassed: ( in theory anyway )

once again Congrats Amy, xx :boy_hug: , :kiss:

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Well the time has come and today I found out my results from 3 years at university plus the foundation year prior to that!

Im extremely proud that I got a 2:2 with hons in Fine Art, which probably wont get me too far but at the end of the day its a degree.

A proud Amy,
x
Fine Art? Is that stuff drawn with a thin ended pointy crayon? :)

Congratulations.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well done Amy. Something I regret is not doing a degree of some sort. Now I just have a degree in Living In the real World. Sadly, not soemthing which necessarily commands big bucks!

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Well done Amy. Something I regret is not doing a degree of some sort. Now I just have a degree in Living In the real World. Sadly, not soemthing which necessarily commands big bucks!
Some of the most affluent people I know don't have a degree. If I had my time again I think I'd have done Plumbing or Electrician (or both). The Painter who came to quote for a job last year, turned up in a BMW X5 :eek:mg: then later with his wife in an M3.

Still there is nothing to stop you doing some learning parttime which you have an interest in. Once you leave School and develop a career, you grow up (a little..) and discover what really interests you. There is nothing to stop you starting off with a few moduals of an OU degree and see where your fancy takes you.

Dave C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations Amy,

A Desmond is quite good. What do you plan to do next? Will it be vocational?

Dave C

Thank you for all the 'congrats'. Im currently working full time in Oxford until December as a life guard and get some money in. Then possibly moving back up north and seeing where the world takes me. Ive applied to the met in london but who knows.

At some point in the future I might do some course in maths as thats what Id have if Id not done Art at uni. But thats not on my list of immediates.

Im still toying with the idea of applying to the police again but im just not sure now. Im in no rush though. As long as I have some money in my hand and some good friends and a nice family, im sorted.

Aimz xx

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Well done amy :) Take the easy road like me and do an MSc and phD !!

actually it isnt that easy!!

Cheers

Adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done amy :) Take the easy road like me and do an MSc and phD !!

actually it isnt that easy!!

Cheers

Adam

Nah, Im not really up for that. I want to get doing some work. Im just not the sort of person to do a masters of phd. Im an active type. Ive had enough of studying for the time being. Maybe Ill go back to it when Im older. I need to leave something to do when I retire!

Ax

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Congratulations Amy, good luck for the future.

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts