YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chuck Norris put the laughter into manslaughter...
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
A wee look for advice and recommendations. At the minute i dive a manifolded twin 12 set up and the vast majority of my diving is deep wrecks. the wing i currently use is a highly customized ND Sea Eagle(40lb). It was a dual bladder but I removed one cell, drysuit being used for redunancy. I prefer the lesser bulk of a single bladder and not having another LpI in the way. the Sea Eagle dives like a dream when down and is very comfy. the only weakness is the lack of lift at the surface sometimes. I tightened the bungees round the top to squeeze more air down but i still only get to regulator height out of the water. I've had my eye on a OMS 60lb wing or a CD TDB? Anybody dive either of these?? Any advice much appreciated. JK

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I dive a single bladder TDB with twin twelves and stage, always been happy with lift at the surface, gets me well out of the water.

·
Chuck Norris put the laughter into manslaughter...
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dive a single bladder TDB with twin twelves and stage, always been happy with lift at the surface, gets me well out of the water.
how high does the TDB lift you? if i wanna get higher i've got to close dump on the suit and do a michelin man, at which point my feet pop out and i look like a ninja whale wearing a jet pack. not quite the tekkie look i had in mind....

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I dive a 100lb OMS which does a great impression of a liferaft on the surface if fully inflated....the only problem being that it , like many other large wings , tends to tip you forward in the water.....not very helpful.

Hazel

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
how high does the TDB lift you? if i wanna get higher i've got to close dump on the suit and do a michelin man, at which point my feet pop out and i look like a ninja whale wearing a jet pack. not quite the tekkie look i had in mind....

Gets my chin comfortably clear of the wet stuff, don't know exactly how far but far enough to be able to remove reg and carry on a conversation easily without unsightly gagging on mouthfuls of briny.

And, as Hazel said 'bout the OMS, if you lean backwards with it fully inflated you have a personal life raft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts