YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Probably being a total thickie, but how can i get a personalised one of those little piccies under my name?

Cheers

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Select 'Your Control Panel' up at the top left, and from the menu you then get click on 'Personal Info'. You're given another menu from which you choose 'Avatar Options'.

There are loads of pictures already loaded for you to choose from or you can download your own by selecting 'Browse'. You will need to manipulate your picture to bring it down to the right size.

Took me ages to work this one out myself. Good luck!

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right,

(you might want to print this out)

click 'Your control panel' underneath Welcome gityerkneedahn, under the YD logo in the top left of this page.
Then click Personal Info (second from left in the potions)
Then click Avatar, (middle option, below edit your profile)
Now some folks have personalised pictures, See below: but you can selsct an Avatar, from one of the list in the second section.
For one of your own making. Get a picture you want and open it in My Paintbox or some other picture editing program.
Once open select the 'rectangular cutting tool', and cut out a picture that is 64 X 64 pixals. Do this by depressing the left mouse button somewhere over the top-left and 'whist the button is still depressed' dragging the mouse down and right. Now release the mouse button and a flashing rectangular boarder should be around your selected area, usually your face, but its your choice.
Now the picture is most probably larger than the 64x64 pixals you require, so move the mouse to the flashing border and slide the edge in. You should see a slider icon when the mouse coincides with the border, which indicated that pressing and holding the left mouse button will move this edge. Somewhere in the window of your editor should be two numbers, which are coordinates. These are usually in the lower right corner of your editor. Watch these and they should change as you move the border in/out. Your aiming for 64x64 pixals to fit in the avatar. Once done, save your file with some meaningfull name, trying not to put in spaces,  but using an under score '_' instead. Save the file as a *.jpg file. Then go to the bottom section of the Avatar editor page on YD and add your file. Once this has been done select your file from the section, hint its probably got 'uploaded_' infront of your saved name.

Hope this helps?

Dave C

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Gripped, Sorted!!

Easier than i thought, though i did find this freeware on download.com: Photo Resizer 1.0
Download Photo Resizer 1.0

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>ARHHHH!! Wot an ugly f**ker, damn wot have I done to the world!!

Just kidding gityer...... sumfink.. Well done. Nice to see you on board. Now get to the introductions page and tell us about yourself.

Dave C

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

You guys be very careful, or you could end up with an avatar like my old mate Daz.

As for me, I`m going to stick with a little red `x` in the corner

Steve

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Jan. 29 2004,20:16)]You guys be very careful, or you could end up with an avatar like my old mate Daz.

As for me, I`m going to stick with a little red `x` in the corner

Steve

Hey,  That's my best mean and moody look.

Maybe I should practice compassionate and caring, all though hanging around with the likes of you, compassionate and caring don't come easy.

Daz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts