YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just found my mailbox and Bren wanted some info, so here we go.

Born in t'pit village, South Yorks.
Currently resident in Kingston, Surrey.

IT contractor having a rest at the moment - I feel a dive trip coming along soon.

OW qualified UK, Horsea Island 11/99 - stunned into submission by jellyfish and cold I didn't dive again until...

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico Christmas/New Year 2001
14 eventful dives including 10m buoyant ascent, ascent on buddy air and equalization problems in a Cenote - go up and try again - oh, there's the roof...
Much fun, no really.

Sharm, August 2002

14 dives in a week.  Many fish.  Photos available in the gallery shortly from my first outing with a camera.
Thistlegorm penetration (yes on OW ticket).

AOW qualification October 2002, Stoney, oo Littlehampton -  Cairndhu wreck & black reef (washing machine dive)  

Sharm, Christmas 2002

So good, went back for more.
26 dives over two weeks.  Reef sharks and the usual suspects.  Thistlegorm again.

Next planned training: PADI Rescue, Nitrox

Next planned trip: Oz, Sydney and Cairns - Coral Sea, Yongala, GBR.  Feb 18th for a month :))

Hoping to get back to Sharm in July/August to see the hammerheads.

Kit: Mares 3 & 5mm semis, Scubapro Glide 2000, Apeks ATX200 + ATX 50, Suunto Console, Twinjet fins, Mares M1 computer

Guess that pretty much covers it.

:-J

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

Welcome aboard YD!

How dare you enjoy this thing we call diving so much! Shocking & outrageous!!

Seriously, let's wander through you aspirations, coz we CAN help you in all of them.....!

"IT contractor having a rest at the moment - I feel a dive trip coming along soon."

Err....yes....please join one or more of the posted trips you see in the 'Planned Trips' section on here and feel at home!

Please send what ever photies you've got to Jay and he'll post them under your name and dive tour and date in the Photo Gallery section. Thanks for the offer!

Speaking as a Rescue Diver, I can not recomend the Rescue Diver course enough from a PADI perspective - it's when you learn to dive (under the PADI scheme of things)...the previous two lead up to diving.

Kit's a moot point - I don't feel the cold, so kit yourself according to your needs.

Dive safe and welcome to YD.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.  Nice to have you with us.  Be safe down there.  Ribbet.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi John
Is this the same John from the "Nightmare on Monarch airlines flight" at Xmas ?
Are you not at all tempted by our cold british waters in ther slightest then? go on, "You'll love it, it's a way of life..." (Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage)
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Hi,
Yes,that'll be me again.

I do my training in the UK as you can see, but my diving here is limited.  I've enjoyed what I've done and the cold isn't a big factor - did Stoney in October in a 5mm.
I guess I just prefer the blue water stuff.
This doesn't mean that I won't be doing some in the UK though.

:-J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts