YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>The International Assocation of Handicapped Divers is hoping to launch The Dive Challange Tour in the UK later this year.

The aim is to offer a free try dive to a person with a disability, this is trying to raise awareness of the sport and to show that a disability is not a barrier to going diving.

However, this needs to be sponsored. Does anyone out there in YD land know of any company or individual that likes to support a worthwhile initiative such as this.

Please reply to this thread, or PM me if you have any ideas.

Many Thanks.

Cheers
Chris

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Ford sponsor a disabled PADI instructor as part of their PR for the Motability programme.... strikes me that you might be able to get them to tie this in with that?  Go and have a look at Ford Magic - MAGIC is their Mobility and General Information Centre.  If you want to follow this up PM me and I'll give you the name of the lady who runs the programme for them and the switchboard number. (I know as I used to work for Ford, but don't any more so I'm afraid I can't raise it for you).

HTH
Helen

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Further to the opening post, Liz & I will be, hopefully, at The Outdoor Show selling raffle tickets for the IAHD, so if you are there call in at the IAHD stand.

Cheers
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts